• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dandabson

dandabson

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Dover, DE

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

I have been seeing some references to PHD2 guiding software. Is this a rewrite of the current PHD1.XX or a totally new project?

#2 lambermo

lambermo

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: .nl

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:11 PM

PHD went opensource \o/ , the new PHD2 development lives at https://code.google....pen-phd-guiding

-- Hans

#3 Tim C

Tim C

Apollo

• Loc: Marietta, GA

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:20 PM

I like it a lot too - has some great new features

#4 Raginar

Raginar

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Rapid CIty, SD

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:43 PM

It's an expansion. It is more 'beta' than the original PHD, but gives you quite a few features Stark didn't have such as declination compensation and calibration saving. It's pretty awesome and works great with SGP :)

#5 Ranger Tim

Ranger Tim

Viking 1

• Loc: SE Idaho, USA

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

And just like the original, no support for the SSAG on Mac OSX. Why? There are more of these cameras operating on OSX than any other I'l warrant. Even Orion took a lifetime to provide a Mac driver. More whining to come...

Wish I knew how to write code for this stuff. Unfortunately I am at the mercy of the computer techs on virtually everything. Still, very happy to see PHD2 evolve!

#6 gmartin02

gmartin02

Viking 1

• Loc: Santa Clarita, CA

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

There are more of these cameras operating on OSX than any other I'l warrant.

Hi Tim,

Most astrophotographers I have communicated with use a Windows OS computer to control AP sessions.

#7 Raginar

Raginar

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Rapid CIty, SD

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:51 AM

It's really not worth complaining about. I felt the same way when I got into AP... why isn't there more OSX related astro gear. It makes sense; most of us are well off enough that we have lots of Apple products. But, most the software seems to be left overs or designed back in the 'hey day' of Windows XP... so there it remains.

Install Bootcamp, get a copy of Win7, and swap over. You'll find it's the best decision you make.

#8 Joe Bergeron

Joe Bergeron

Vendor - Space Art

• -----
  • Vendors
  • Loc: Upstate NY

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

And just like the original, no support for the SSAG on Mac OSX. Why? There are more of these cameras operating on OSX than any other I'l warrant. Even Orion took a lifetime to provide a Mac driver. More whining to come...

Huh? I have PHD2 on my Macbook Pro and a SSAG. It works.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics