- 14.5" F6.7 iDK optics providing 65mm flat field free from astigmatism and coma (3 micron to 10 micron diameter RMS spot size across 65mm FOV, .38 to 1 micron wavelength)
- Cellular primary mirror weighing only 7.5 lbs for very rapid cool down, outstanding tracking of ambient temperatures for figure stability, and major reduction of image blurring tube currents
- Quartz secondary mirror aids focus stability
- Nomex honeycomb sandwich core carbon fiber composite tube providing outstanding mechanical and thermal stability (made by AG Optical Systems)
- FLI Atlas focuser
- CNC machined, anodized 6061 aluminum components
- Weight: approx. 44 lbs including focuser, OTA, and dovetail plate (in other words, full up telescope weight ready for your CCD gear)
- Pricing: TBD but around $17,750 shipped
Please contact AG Optical Systems if you are interested in learning more about this telescope.
The attached image is of a full tube 12.5" iDK and is to illustrate what the 14.5" LW iDK will look like.