• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Vricketson

Vricketson

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Florida

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

I am ordering dew controls from astrozap.com . I have paid for it but have not got any shipping conformation or notice of any kind. I was wondering if any one here placed a order with this company. The web site seems a bit dated and I'm starting to get a bit worried

#2 Yun-Oh

Yun-Oh

Explorer 1

• Loc: Gibsonia, PA (Greater Pittsburgh)

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:18 AM

Welcome to CN and greetings from a fellow Floridian!

I have bought a number of things from Astrozap and never had a problem (the latest purchase was a couple of months ago).

Astrozap's checkout system is not quite high tech, but it does work. Based on my experience, Astrozap normally sends you a confirmation email in a day or two, and again sends you an email when your order is shipped.

If your order was placed several days ago, give them a call (216-334-1622) or send an email to sales@astrozap.com. If you paid with PayPal, sometimes PayPal messes up the notification process, which can keep Astrozap from receiving your order (I know because it happened once with my order to ScopeStuff, which uses the same PayPal checkout process as Astrozap).

I think you will be okay. Astrozap has been around for a long time and well respected. If there is an issue with your order, they will sort it out.

#3 Raginar

Raginar

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Rapid CIty, SD

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:33 AM

My guess is they're on Christmas break :) Realize that many of the businesses you see are family affairs... I once had a guy wait a month for an automation part. It was during the summer and we'd had the 4th of July... he was just busy with 'real life'. Give them a call, my guess is it will ship soon. They're reliable.

Welcome to CN!

#4 csa/montana

csa/montana

Den Mama

• Loc: montana

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:39 AM

Welcome to Cloudy Nights! Glad to have you join us on the forums.

Yes, Astrozap is a first rate company, and very nice people to work with. I'm sure you will be receiving your order shortly. But if you are still concerned, do contact them via e-mail or phone to put your worries at rest.

#5 Jon_Doh

Jon_Doh

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: On a receiver's back

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:43 AM

Never ordered from Astrozap directly, but I have purchased some of their products from third party vendors. The last purchase was a dew shield that was made in the USA.

#6 Binojunky

Binojunky

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:24 AM

I have dealt with them from Canada, no problems, probably the Christmas rush and terrible weather,DA.

#7 Vricketson

Vricketson

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Florida

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

Thanks guys ! I feel better now. I think I'm nervous any more because I placed a 80.00 order with lazerpoint.com and 75 days later I still don't have them. Wrote there customer service 4 times with no reply back. I will never buy anything again that is shipped out of China . Live and learn .
Thanks again for the info and the warm welcome to CN !!

#8 seawolfe

seawolfe

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: N 47.11.23 W 122.20.18

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:52 AM

Ah....that's nothing. I buy space videos from a one of a kind dealer (makes the BEST videos of their kind btw) but sometimes the wait even for those "in stock" can be 9 months to over a year. I've learned to wait (and wait, and wait) but it can be a little unnerving....

But the waiting is rewarded when the product arrives! :jump:

#9 wbb

wbb

Vendor (Sirius Astro Products)

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:38 PM

I've met the owner, and ordered from them. Great guy.
You should have no problem.

Bill

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics