Jump to content


using microscope to study lens surface roughness

  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Alan A.

Alan A.

    Mariner 2

  • -----
  • Posts: 272
  • Joined: 08 Feb 2007
  • Loc: San Francisco

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:18 PM

Apparently some microscopes (?polarizing or phase contrast) can be used to study fine scale roughness of lens surfaces (eg eyepiece lenses or objective lenses). I would be interested in obtaining such a microscope if the cost was not prohibitive. All advice on this topic is greatly appreciated,



CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics