Cartes and satellites
Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:09 PM
I reinstalled all files and it runs ok except satellites. I put the txt files into a separate folder and specify it but it won't read them. In the calendar under satellites when I hit refresh I get a satellite file error. When I run the tle downloader I get the Run time error 76 path not found. No matter what I click on as a location or tle/txt type. I am downloading the txt from celestak manually then placing them in a folder. I can specify the folder with the tle downloader but it gives the run time 76.
Has anyone had this problem with 2.76c or know how to fix it?
I know I had satellites running before I tried 3 and went back to 2.76c.
Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:41 AM
Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:52 AM
Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:48 PM
Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:30 PM
edit: OK I can save the webpage as a text document. How do I turn it into a tle file?
Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:01 PM
Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:36 PM
I actually tried that, but it didn't appear to work. Windows Explorer stilled called it a Text file unlike the older tle files already in the folder as example. I couldn't get CDC to pick up that file either.
Change the file extension from .txt to .tle.
I'll have to play around with it a bit more.
I'm starting to think I'm better off just going to CalSky to find out about satellites.
Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:56 AM
1. Does the file name show as, for example, "iridium.tle" not "iridium.txt"?
2. You are saying Windows Explorer shows the file as Type "Text Document" and not as Type "TLE File"?
Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:59 PM
I haven't actually tried again...
But I did double-check just now. I think the computer thinks this file is "satlist.tle.txt".
Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:01 PM
I can now
- download a TLE file (it doesn't seem to matter whether it's the 3-line or 2-line version ??) as a .txt document
- change the file from .txt to .tle and have Windows Explorer display it as such
- select the tle file in want in CDC
- click refresh to get the list of satellites shown (takes a long while though)
- click on the list of satellites to get them displayed on the sky chart.
The result then looks as attached. Is that what I'm supposed to see? I thought I would see the satellites slide over the chart in real time...
Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:40 AM
Edit: OK figured out how to stop animation. You click on the same button used to start it.