• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 djfolchetto

djfolchetto

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:51 AM

Hi,
I have trouble with the neq6 and Lodestar to calibrate the guide by MaximDL. I would know if the ST-4 guide port of neq6 mount is compliant with the Lodestar and with the cable provided with the camera. Can you support me, please?
Sergio

#2 guyroch

guyroch

Vendor (BackyardEOS)

• Vendors
  • Loc: Under the clouds!

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:20 AM

Hi,
I have trouble with the neq6 and Lodestar to calibrate the guide by MaximDL. I would know if the ST-4 guide port of neq6 mount is compliant with the Lodestar and with the cable provided with the camera. Can you support me, please?
Sergio

Sure it is, I use it all the time.

The issue is most certainly not the ST4 port, but most likely a setting in PHD.

It's probably your calibration step size set too low but post a picture of your PHD settings so we know more about your settings.

Guylain

#3 guyroch

guyroch

Vendor (BackyardEOS)

• Vendors
  • Loc: Under the clouds!

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:56 AM

Also, check the connection of the cable on the Lodestar itself; make sure it is properly seated. That little cable is notorious for bad connection.

Guylain

#4 djfolchetto

djfolchetto

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:20 AM

Hi,
I tied the st4 and the USB cable together. In addition I tested the cable connection and the mount plug with the electrical tester and they seems work. I pointed M35 to try the guide calibration by Maxim DL and sometime I have the L without the right angle or irregular segments. Before starting the calibration, Maxim DL (version 5.14) asks me to cover the camera for bias. I changed the Cal Time and backlash along Y to, because on X the mount behaviour seems right.
Any suggestions to avoid additional night out in the cold?

Thanking you.
Sergio

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics