• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ricky

Ricky

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Nor Cal

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

Hi All,
This is a bit difficult to describe so i'll give it my best shot. During a typical dslr imaging session I run:
1. Cartes du Ciel
2. EQASCOM
3. Backyard EOS
4. PHD Guiding
After everything is running and while on an imaging run I notice that PHD Guiding just "disappears"...on my Win 7 Pro task bar the PHD Guiding icon is depressed but I can't actually see the app window. When I press the icon I get windows beeps but that's it. Ive even minimized all of the other programs and all I see is my wimdows desktop. Any ideas??? Im at a lost. I also notice that initially guiding is spot on then lapses then goes back to spot on...

#2 gmartin02

gmartin02

Viking 1

• Loc: Santa Clarita, CA

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:44 PM

I have had problems with my entire task bar being hidden every time I run Cartes du Ciel on my imaging laptop, and I can't get it back until I log out & log back in again.

If I don't run Cartes du Ciel, I never have problems.

Now I just use Sky Safari on my Android phone for planetarium software, so the laptop just runs PHD & BackyardEOS, & NextRemote to control the telescope position.

#3 Ricky

Ricky

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Nor Cal

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

Thanks Greg. The last couple of times out I didn't minimize PHD at all and that seems to have solved the issues. I was able to image for an hour plus last night with no problems.

#4 WillCarney

WillCarney

Apollo

• Loc: Bloomington, ILL

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:59 PM

I think the key is to not minimize any thing. I've had a few problems in the past running my Vista laptop. I just leave everything up and generally have no problems. I don't run as much as you do but I have noticed if I minimized PHD then it ran into issues. I usually run Cartes du Ciel (2.76c), PHD and CCDOPS or Nebulosity2. I never totally minimize anything. William

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics