• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 donnie3

donnie3

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Loc: bartlesville oklahoma

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

I just received the tablet today and ready to charge it but could not find in the instructions ( very little) what indicates when its fully charged. I had a kindle fire and it had a light on the charger that went off when charged. any help on this would be appreciated. thanks, donnie3

#2 Digital Don

Digital Don

Vanguard

• Loc: Manteno, IL

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

Swipe down from the upper right corner. A window will appear with various information including charging status.

I like my Nexus 7. If you're going to use yours for astronomy, be sure to check out SkySafari. It's excellent!

Don:usa:

#3 Jon Isaacs

Jon Isaacs

ISS

• Loc: San Diego and Boulevard, CA

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:40 PM

Swipe down from the upper right corner. A window will appear with various information including charging status.

I like my Nexus 7. If you're going to use yours for astronomy, be sure to check out SkySafari. It's excellent!

Don:usa:

Sky Safari is great on the Nexus 7.. If I am not mistaken, when you turn it on while charging, it will say "Charging 83%" or whatever it is. No lights..

Jon

#4 donnie3

donnie3

Mercury-Atlas

• -----

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:01 PM

thanks for that info, I have another question please. by the way, I downloaded sky safari plus when I first got the tablet. its really nice but having a problem with compass. when I hold the tablet up and move it around the room the screen does not register the right direction, when I have it pointing east its west or west all the time. is there something im doing wrong or not doing. thanks, donnie

#5 CarolG

CarolG

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Oklahoma

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

Hi Donnie. I have a nexus 7 and love it! To use the compass, you need to calibrate it every time you start a program, like Sky Safari. To calibrate it, start the program that uses the compass, then hold the tablet in front of you with the screen facing flat up toward the ceiling. Now begin moving the tablet in a figure 8 motion. Imagine the number 8 on its side and move the tablet to make a sideways number 8. I usually do that a couple of times. It should then be calibrated to find the right directions. Here's a video showing how to calibrate an android phone, but the tablet is the same technique.

#6 donnie3

donnie3

Mercury-Atlas

• -----

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:37 PM

thanks carol, this is a neat little program, im sure I will enjoy it. donnie

#7 elmiko

elmiko

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Arizona

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:01 PM

Donnie, did you get the 16 or 32 mb tablet?

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics