•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

January 27th sun sketch

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Andrev

Andrev

Skylab

• topic starter
  • Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:32 PM

Hi gentlemen...

You can't magine how difficult have been this one. Cloudy day but suddenly around 10:30am, a big hole in the clouds. But as the morning was snowy, I had to shovel to the dome. The time to do that, clouds were back and believe it or not, 5 minutes after I was back in the house a very strong blizzard with heavy snow and very strong wind. I was unable to see my neighbor's house. Unbelievable.

Few minute after noon, another big blue whole came. I opened my dome and started sketching in a very very strong wind carrying lot of snow flurries. I tried to sketch but had to fight against the snow falling on my scopes and on my sketching pad. I retired and closed everything. My small C80 scope was outside my dome and felt in the snow by the wind. Fortunately it was covered.

And later around 2:15pm, the sky cleared totally, still a strong wind but less snow flurries. So I've been able to catch him finally. Temperature was okay at -7ÂșC.

Andre.

http://www.astro-que...=3698&mode=view

#2 kenrenard

kenrenard

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Dunmore, PA

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:07 PM

Andre,
Sounds like an eventful observing time. You sure caught a good amount of detail.

Ken

#3 Chopin

Chopin

Canis Insanus

• Loc: In the doghouse.

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:07 PM

Wow to the edge proms, André! The whole globe is busy. You are dedicated to wait for those moments in between blizzard conditions. At least it was warmer. :lol:

#4 Andrev

Andrev

Skylab

• topic starter

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

Thank you guys. Yes that was a hard one to catch but worth the effort.

Andre

#5 frank5817

frank5817

Cosmos

• Loc: Illinois

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:46 PM

Andre,

Your persistence and determination to say nothing of your excellent rendering skills puts me to shame.
I could use some of your fortitude but none of your terrible weather between sketches.

Frank :)

#6 Andrev

Andrev

Skylab

• topic starter

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:59 PM

Thank you Frank for you warm words.

Andre.

#7 niteskystargazer

niteskystargazer

Skylab

• Loc: 41-43'-28" N 87-42'-39" W

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

Andre,

Very nice sketch of Jan. 27th Sun :cool:.

CS,KLU,

:thanx:,

Tom

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics