• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AstroLlavi

AstroLlavi

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:03 PM

Hello,

I am not sure if this question has been posted before but I was wondering if there is a way to go to a specific object in the Handbox when searching the library as opposed to having to scroll all the way to the object I want to see?

For example, I want to see a specific comet but my library is so big that I have to scroll through the entire library until I get to the comet that I like to observe. It takes a long time to go though it. Is there an easier way to do this?

Thank you,
AstroLlavi

#2 jaymcgil19

jaymcgil19

Vendor-LX200 CLASSIC ELECTRONICS EXCHANGE

• Vendors
  • Loc: S/E Michigan

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:16 PM

As far as specific comets you can use Autostar Suites to clean out your comet library and only leave in the ones you want. You could save the original file on your pc before you start cleaning. Also you will probably need an updated ephemeris on any comet that's been in your Autostar for a long time anyways.

As far as the first question I don't know the answer but a work around would be to set up a tour or enter the objects you like to look at in the user objects library.

John M

#3 OzAndrewJ

OzAndrewJ

Apollo

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:49 PM

Gday AstroLlavi

As noted by John, just reduce the no of comets in the Hbx to a list of currently visible items.
Other than that, there is a std trick you can use in most cases.
Select the NGC screen first and enter say 1000 and press enter ( but not goto ). This presets an internal "record no" pointer variable.
Now go to the comets screen and it will start its scrolling on the 1000th entry.
This method works for all the "named" type lists, but you need to know the rough position to start from.

Andrew Johansen Melbourne Australia

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics