??? iOptron CEM60 or Save for an AP Mach1GTO ???
Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:59 AM
Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:31 AM
Either way, you'll spend the money. The only question is how much risk are you willing to tolerate? Seems to me those who are willing to gamble on a $4K on a complete unknown are more adventurous than I am. I tip my hat to your spirit, but having been down that path, I would not follow your example.
Blueman said it all. You'd be well advised to listen to Floyd's advice. He knows whereof he speaks.
Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:47 AM
I had 3 offers when I put up my want ad and could afford to choose the best option.
There's also that AP900 right now for 5.5k.....
Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:17 AM
I've gone through this with many things in life. Cars, guitars, wives...
What I learned was that if you're serious about something, spend the money and do it right or you'll only be frustrated and give it up. Then why do I have a CGEM, you ask? Simple. It came with my Edge 11 for an extra $150... and is an excellent visual use mount. Hard to turn that down.
But when I get into imaging, I'm going with Astro-Physics.
Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:03 PM
IF iOptron can keep the price low...
I emailed iOptron a couple of weeks ago and the mounts were supposed to ship in January but were delayed due to problems with the worm manufacturer. They rejected about 20% of the initial batch and about 90% of the second batch. They indicated that they would stand by their advertised PE specs and pricing.
If they don't then that will cause a number of people to recalculate their next mount purchase.
Annoying news for early adopters, bad news for competitors. This signifies that iOptron is amping up it's quality control. ISO9000 standards are a difficult thing to implement with Chinese manufacturers, but when they actually go through.. giants are made.
Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:55 AM