Photo

Need advice before buying Celestron CG5 AS-GT.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 RTLR 12

RTLR 12

Aurora

• Loc: The Great Pacific NorthWest

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:58 PM

Yes, it's the Logo at the bottom of the HC. In my limited experience the ones with the "Straight" logo divide are the non programmable ones and the HC's with the "C" curved logo are programmable.

Stan

#27 rmollise

rmollise

Hubble

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

I suspect you are correct, Stan, since my HC was purchased right after they came out with the programmable and has the "C" logo...

#28 Mitch Hamilton

Mitch Hamilton

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:17 PM

Thanks for all your excellent advice, it sounds like I might have inadvertently troubleshooted the problem for him and now it seems like he's more interested in fixing it himself, he might turn around and try to get twice his asking price which would be really shady of him, but he might turn around and say "well I put this much money into fixing it, can we maybe meet halfway" and I'd be down with that. I'll post an update in a little bit with how I made out. Thanks again, you guys are awesome!

#29 Mitch Hamilton

Mitch Hamilton

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:09 PM

UPDATE 02/14: The seller completed a "drive swap" and determined that the dec drive assembly needed replacing, quoting me $165. He's going to fix it and then allow me first crack at it with an "adjusted price" Don't really know what that means but all things considered what should I be offering him for this mount based on its "history?"

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics