CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Atlas PRO ship date set back another week !

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MarkCPC11

MarkCPC11

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:58 PM

All of us waiting on the Atlas Pro to ship again are out of luck, seems the pushed the ship date back a week.. Maybe this give us time to rethink the selection? :jump: :bawling:

#2 rmollise

rmollise

Hubble

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:12 AM

Or bring one in from Canada. ;)

#3 MarkCPC11

MarkCPC11

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:03 PM

Thought about that, but no free shipping to the US and returns would be a big problem compared to Orion...I think?

#4 frolinmod

frolinmod

Vanguard

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:09 PM

If you're not willing to pay extra to get it sooner, then you're obviously in no hurry, so stop complaining. :grin:

#5 JMW

JMW

Vanguard

• -----
  • Loc: Nevada

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

I was thinking this would be a good mount for when I want a tracking setup for public outreach. I currently use push to alt/az mounts and the tracking would leave more time for discussing stuff with the public.

My night time combo would be a C11 EdgeHD and SVR90T in alt/az mode. This would give decent aperture views next to wide field views. I have an ADM MaxGuider that I could use to align the views on both scopes.

For Solar I was thinking a SV115T with a white light filter and a double stacked Lunt 60mm Ha scope. It's kind of neat to show white light sun spots and then all the surface and prominence details in Ha.

I have a great imaging scope so I mostly want a tracking dual scope alt/az mount with good total capacity. Is the tripod interface the same on the pro as the regular Atlas?

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics