•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

EQ6 to EQ5 adaptor?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mwc11

mwc11

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Las Vegas, Nev.

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:10 PM

hi all,
I've been searching, without success, the archives/Google on a particular adaptor: that is an EQ6 head to an EQ5 tripod.

Counterintuitive I know, as it would appear to be a downgrade on the EQ6 platform (who wants to swap out for a lesser tripod?). I've found adaptors the other way around, EQ5 head to an EQ6 tripod - makes sense as it improves stability to the EQ5 platform.

However, I do have a spare 2" steel legged EQ5 tripod and did not want to be limited to EQ5/CG5/Sirius EQ-G heads....does anyone make/sell a proper adaptor to mate the EQ6 head to a EQ5 tripod? I imagine that this combo could easily be machined into a pier extension....but I cannot seem to find anyone who has done it?? Thanks for any advice or leads!

#2 Agatha

Agatha

Vanguard

• Loc: Coulee Region, Wisconsin

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:21 AM

This might work...... Link

#3 Agatha

Agatha

Vanguard

• Loc: Coulee Region, Wisconsin

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:29 AM

And there was a thread here on CN that focused on the Vixen adapters and dimensions. It was very interesting. I'm also thinking of getting the adapter for a similar application.

Here is the thread that I mentioned. Link

Good luck. :)

#4 mwc11

mwc11

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Las Vegas, Nev.

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:16 PM

Hi Agatha,
Thanks for the link...I'll research that tripod adaptor.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics