• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 langman78

langman78

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:59 PM

Hi,
I’m currently looking into buying an iOptron skytracker at a reasonably cheap price 2nd hand. When I originally come across this product I was impressed but not so impressed with the price tag and what they sell for here in Australia, so elected to stay well away from it and save for a decent GEM mount to use my 8se’s OTA on for some decent AP. To buy a mount now is quite a fair way off for me but looking at this more realistic price tag for the iOptron I was considering snapping it up before someone else does. Having said that I only own a Cannon 1100D and don’t know how it will perform as reviews and You Tube clips I’ve seen, the iOptron has been used with more superior DSLR’s (prob more a question for imaging). Have many people here had a great deal to do with this skytracker here and what are your thoughts on the product?
Kind regards

#2 Falcon-

Falcon-

Aurora

• Loc: Gambier Island, BC, Canada

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:03 AM

The 1100D is actually quite a good astro-camera so on that part of the question you need not worry. Hop over to the DSLR Imaging section if you need help with it.

I have not used a skytracker myself so I can not really answer that side though. Hopefully someone else here can help.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics