March 2014 Challenge Entries (NGC 2403)
Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:55 PM
Welcome to the Cloudy Nights Monthly Challenge Imaging Competition in CCD Imaging & Processing Forum:
This competition is intended to be a fun way for you to improve your imaging abilities and a way for you to see many new images with a variety of equipment. All imagers are welcome and encouraged to enter.
Each month a single object will be selected for the competition by the winner from 2 months previous. Having a one month delay allows voting and selection of the next object and will give a full month's time for entries.
The winner of each competition gets to choose the next object and their image will be included in the Hall of Fame message thread. There are no other prizes.
Please include your imaging details such as location, date, telescope, guiding, exposure time, etc with your submission.
1. Have fun! Support other contestants and be polite with your comments.
2. All entries must be captured within the same imaging season. For example, if the December target is the Orion Nebula, you must use images taken during the current winter, not any other year.
3. Image size is limited to 800x800 pixels and 200k in size.
4. Any equipment is allowed to be used in the images including rental equipment; with the only exception of DSLR, since we have another forum specifically for DSLR.
5. All image taking and processing must be done by your team, including equipment setup.
6. Each person may submit only 1 entry per month. However, you may edit your submission and replace the image with a newer one if you wish using the Edit function.
7. Winners will be selected by forum members, the one which receives the highest number of vote will be the winner.
Please submit your image in this thread, comment can be made in the same thread as well.
Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:38 AM
Larger version and details: link
Image date: 02/02/2014
Focal length: 1381.68 mm
Focal ratio : f/5.44
Image resolution: 0.806 arcsec/pixel
Sensor temperature: -30┬░C
6 hours, 10 minutes total exposure time
13x 600 sec. luminance unbinned
8x 600 sec. RGB unbinned
Image acquisition with CCDAutoPilot and Maxim DL
Auto-guiding with Maxim DL
Auto-focusing with FocusMax
Bias frames: 100x unbinned
Dark frames: None
Flat frames: 5x luminance unbinned, 5x RGB unbinned
Automated sky twilight flats with CCDAutoPilot
Processing: PixInsight for calibration, alignment and integration. Adobe Photoshop CS6 for final touch.
Telescope: GSO 10" Ritchey Chretien
Corrector: Astro-Physics CCDT67 Focal Reducer
Mount: ASA DDM60 Pro
Camera: QSI 683wsg-8
Guidecamera: Starlight Xpress Lodestar
Filters: Astrodon Tru-Balance E-Series LRGB
Observatory site: Etten-Leur, The Netherlands
Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:40 AM
Location Santa Panteleimon,Greece
Telescope 190mm Mak-Newtonian
Camera QHY9 M.
Guiding TS OAG + LODESTAR
Exposures LUM 1h 50m+R 30m+G 30m+ B 45m + Ha 1h:00m
Cali. Frames 50xBIAS,22xFLATS,35XDARKS.
Capture Nebulosity 3.
Stack Deep Sky Stacker.
Processing Pixinsight 1.8, Photoshop CS6.
More info NGC 2403
Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:31 PM
So just had one night to sneak this one in for the month. Not very deep but happy to get something.
12.5" AGO newt
QSI640 astrodon filters.
10 x 5 min Lum 1x1
9 x 4 min ea RGB 2x2
Came out ok for about 2 1/2 hours total time, and in my yellow/orange zone.
Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:32 AM
Almost double the time on exposures. And tried a little deconvolution on it too.