DSRSG Spring Scrimmage

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BarrySimon615

BarrySimon615

Pa Bear

• Loc: New Orleans, LA

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:37 PM

I have uploaded forms for the 2014 DSRSG Spring Scrimmage (April 24th to the 27th) to the Files Section of the Deep South Regional Star Gaze Yahoo Group. (Look for the 2014 Spring Scrimmage Folder).

For the group, go to: groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Deep-South-Regional-Star-Gaze/info

The forms (2 of them) are available in both Word Doc and PDF format. Please print, complete and mail to me as per instructions on the bottom of the fee form if you plan on attending.

Note, only about 1/2 of the Lodge will be available to us as there will be another group at the Feliciana Retreat Center (this is typical of the Spring Scrimmage). Remember too that the cottages have to have 5 per side of each cottage before we can use each side. If you have a family of 5 attending, that is fine, you can in essence have a private cottage. However if you put down on your registration form that you want a bunk in a cottage and we only get a few people that want cottage space, I cannot confirm that you will be able to stay in a cottage. This may sound complic ated (or get) complicated, so if anyone has any questions, please let me know.

Meals at the Spring Scrimmage - as we did last year, since we will be sharing the lodge with another group it is highly possible that we will have 3 meals per day available to us at 8 am, noon, and 5 pm. You are not obligated to purchase any meals, but the Feliciana Retreat Center needs 12 people to have a meal. I did not include lunch on Thursday (4/24) as I think it unlikely that we will have 12 people there that want or need a noon meal on Thursday. Our first meal will be at 5 pm on Thursday.

Since we have fewer attending the Spring Scrimmage as compared to the DSRSG in the fall, there are no rules concerning where you set up. Set up on the field where you want. Field rules are somewhat more flexible, but always ask and if anyone is doing photography - no green lasers!

Questions? Post them here and I guarantee they will be answered.

Barry Simon (aka Pa Bear), Director
Deep South Regional StarGaze

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics