Feb Widefield Challenge
Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:16 PM
1. All entries must be captured within the same season as the contest. For example, if the subject was Orion Nebula, than any photo captured during this particular winter (or period that it was visible) would qualify for the contest.
2. Images to be considered for entry to the Challenge must be posted to and visible in the challenge submissions thread. A link to an off-site image without a version that is actually displayed in the Challenge submissions thread will not suffice and is subject to disqualification.
3. Images to be considered for entry to the Challenge must conform in all respects with the site wide image posting requirements. Entrants may elect to set this "entry image" up as a "clickable link" to a higher resolution image if they so desire, and entrants may also elect to instead provide a separate link to such an image if they so choose. If the entrant provides a legally sized and working "clickable link" as their "entry image", that "clickable link" will be included in the polling thread so that voters can examine the high resolution image before voting. However, any "entry images" displayed on the CN site that do not meet the file size and pixel dimension requirements will subject the entry to disqualification. Any questions on this rule? Just ask.
4. Please include the equipment used to take the image. Scope/Mount/Camera/Focal reducers/Barlows...whatever. Also include your location.
5.Please do not post comments in this thread it's just for these wonderful images you all will be submitting.
6. The equipment must be yours. Doesn't matter what it is. 20" RC, ETX70, 2" Tasco or an 8" TMB.
7. No collaborations. You must be the operator. You must setup, align, take the exposures and process them yourself. You can have help mounting that 26" RC if need be. No remote scope images. Unless you own that remote scope and have set it up aligned it and hooked your camera up. Then you can use it. No pay by the hour renta-scope images will be allowed.
8. Most importantly! Have fun. Support one another's efforts. As we all can learn from this and enjoy each others accomplishments.
The rules can/will be tweaked each month as we figure out how this can be made a more enjoyable experience for everyone.
Thanks and Good luck to all!
Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:21 PM
Taken 2/21/14 from my red zone back yard.
19 X 240s (76 minutes total) with Canon "Nifty Fifty" 50mm lens and modded Canon 1000D with CLS Clip Filter using BYEOS
Guided through AT72ED using Orion SSAG and PHD2 all on Atlas mount
Calibrated/stacked/processed in PixInsight with final tweaks in PSE10 using Carboni's tools.
Higher res here: Orion
Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:22 PM
Taken at Yosemite National Park. This is a 2 frame mosaic. Taken with a 80-400mm lens @80mm on an Orion Sirius Mount. (Nikon D5100)
each frame was 30x120" iso 800 if I remember correctly.
Processed entirely in Photoshop cs2.
Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:24 PM
Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:15 PM
Camera: Canon 60Da
Lens: Canon 50mm f/1.8 @F/5.6
Guiding: Orion SSAG w/ 50mm guide scope
Location: Pedernales Falls State Park