Feb Interm DSO Submissions
Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:18 PM
1. All entries must be captured within the same season as the contest. For example, if the subject was Orion Nebula, than any photo captured during this particular winter (or period that it was visible) would qualify for the contest.
2. Images to be considered for entry to the Challenge must be posted to and visible in the challenge submissions thread. A link to an off-site image without a version that is actually displayed in the Challenge submissions thread will not suffice and is subject to disqualification.
3. Images to be considered for entry to the Challenge must conform in all respects with the site wide image posting requirements. Entrants may elect to set this "entry image" up as a "clickable link" to a higher resolution image if they so desire, and entrants may also elect to instead provide a separate link to such an image if they so choose. If the entrant provides a legally sized and working "clickable link" as their "entry image", that "clickable link" will be included in the polling thread so that voters can examine the high resolution image before voting. However, any "entry images" displayed on the CN site that do not meet the file size and pixel dimension requirements will subject the entry to disqualification. Any questions on this rule? Just ask.
4. Please include the equipment used to take the image. Scope/Mount/Camera/Focal reducers/Barlows...whatever. Also include your location.
5.Please do not post comments in this thread it's just for these wonderful images you all will be submitting.
6. The equipment must be yours. Doesn't matter what it is. 20" RC, ETX70, 2" Tasco or an 8" TMB.
7. No collaborations. You must be the operator. You must setup, align, take the exposures and process them yourself. You can have help mounting that 26" RC if need be. No remote scope images. Unless you own that remote scope and have set it up aligned it and hooked your camera up. Then you can use it. No pay by the hour renta-scope images will be allowed.
8. Most importantly! Have fun. Support one another's efforts. As we all can learn from this and enjoy each others accomplishments.
The rules can/will be tweaked each month as we figure out how this can be made a more enjoyable experience for everyone.
Thanks and Good luck to all!
Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:48 PM
Mount: GM-8, Scope: AT72ED; Camera: Atik 314L+; FW: Starlight Xpress 7x1.25"; Filters: Astrodon 5nm Ha, LRGB, Reducer: Orion 0.8x
Software: PixInsight, Photoshop
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Dates: Jan. 16, 19, 20 2014
Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:17 PM
AT65EDQ on an AVX mount
Baader modified Canon 450D
76 subs at 120s (approx 2.5 hours total)
Processed in StarTools
The image below is a tight crop of a much wider field which can be seen here.
Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:21 AM
this is 32 subs 120 sec.
Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:30 AM
Imaging Scope: Levenhuk 8" Carbon Fiber RC
Imaging Camera: Gary Honis Modified Canon T3
Guiding: Orion SSAG with Orion 50mm miniguider & PHD
Mount: Celestron CGEM DX
Focal Reducer: Astro Physics CCDT67 Telecompressor
Processing: Stacked with Deep Sky Stacker 3.3.3 Beta 45, and processed with Photoshop CS3, Carboni's Actions, Annies Astro Actions
Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:17 PM
180x300" ISO1600 150/600 Nwt canon 550d and 650d
8x300" l takahashi FSQ106ed sbig 11K mono
Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:22 PM
Imaging Scope: SV102ED
Imaging Camera: Modified Canon T3 with CLS-CCD filter
Guiding: SBig st-i color with Orion TOAG & PHD
Mount: Orion Sirius EQ-G
Field Flattener: Hotech 2 SCA
Processing: Nebulosity 3 for capture, stacking, and color balance, PS CS2 with Annie's Actions, HLVG, Gradient Xterminator, and Noise Ninja
full resolution here... http://flic.kr/p/jSE6PE
Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:04 PM
Location: Stillwater, OK
Scope: Orion XT8 @ F/6
Mount: Orion Atlas
Camera: Orion StarShoot Pro V2
Accessories: Orion SkyGlow filter, Baader MPCC MK3
Guiding: Orion SSAG
Capture: Maxim Essential
Processing: DSS, PixInsight, Photoshop CS2
66 x 5 min