#1 markdturner1

markdturner1

Vendor - Moonraker Telescopes

• -----
  • Vendors
  • Loc: Teddington Middlesex England

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:16 AM

Taken from "Sky at Night" Magazine. Article by Martin Lewis. "Dealing with DEW"
This is why most Moonraker telescopes come in polished aluminium, not just because they look good, but because they are more efficient in dealing with dew than most telescopes. When others need dew heaters, with a Moonraker, you can keep imaging/viewing for longer with less concern for the dreaded dew............................. :jump:

Don't forget, if you have a lens that needs a beautiful body I would be happy to discuss a custom build. I have just received a 123mm f6 LZOS for APM for a custom build as well as a NASA triplet f16 6inch to create a scope close to the original design. More info can be found on the website..

Thank you for looking and hope to see you at NEAF on the Highpoint Scientific stand. :usa:

http://www.moonraker...tom-builds.html
http://www.moonraker...co.uk/blog.html

Attached Files

#2 markdturner1

markdturner1

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:14 AM

Getting ready now to start fitting the new "AERO" rings to Moonraker refractors. These will enable the fixing of finder scopes from 30mm-60mm without having to drill the OTA. They can also be rotated or removed depending on weather you are just viewing or need to use a secondary scope for tacking. These rings can also be fitted at any distance from each other so a smaller long focal length refractor can be fitted. Not to mention a counter weight system that can be added or removed. Hope you like them. Oh! These rings can take up to two secondary scopes, not just one as pictured in the example. :thewave:

More images can be seen at http://www.moonraker...co.uk/blog.html

Attached Files

#3 germana1

germana1

Viking 1

• Loc: New Jersey

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:24 PM

I got to say they are some very good looking scopes, as soon as my SM90 comes in ill see one at High Point when they give me a call, looking foward to seeing one I'm person.
Pete

#4 SkyscraperJim

SkyscraperJim

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Providence, RI

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:42 PM

Thanks for sharing. I've always wondered why dew shields (or entire tubes) weren't made from polished aluminum as I had noticed long ago that these surfaces were better at repelling dew. I've always felt that a properly engineered optical tube doesn't need to be actively heated, and that's one of the things (besides their good looks) that I find attractive about the Moonraker scopes.

I'm hoping to make it to NEAF this year and look forward to seeing you and your telescopes.

#5 markdturner1

markdturner1

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:41 AM

Good news and not so good news.......... :gve:
Sounds ominous doesn't it, but not really, actually not really bad at all......... OK the not so good news is that I'm having to increase delivery times due to the number of orders and i will not rush making any telescope. Delivery time on all orders placed from now on is in the region of 13 weeks, depending on the complexity of the job. I apologise for this.

The good news is that in order to deal with the number and size of scopes clients are interested in I have secured increased machining capacity and can now machine cells and tubes in house instead of having to farming out work which is something I did not want to do as I like to be involved in every stage of the OTA construction and design.

Hopefully Moonraker is changing the way astronomers view the heavens, and whilst still a young company {not yet a year old}, I am pleased that my telescopes have been well received and orders have greatly exceeded my expectations. So yet again I will be introducing something completely different, using high quality doublet and triplet certified optics, designed in the UK as well as English classic achromat Lenses.

More on this in the coming weeks, but, "Something Wicked this way comes..... :mrevil:" For the Astronomer who thought he'd seen everything the heavens had to offer with a quality mass produced scope, but wants to add a fifth dimension to the viewing experience! I'd say fourth dimension, but we already experience this when we train our refractors on the cosmos.

#6 markdturner1

markdturner1

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:44 AM

The Aero ring can also be used on your existing OTA as a versatile, rotatable, removable, no holes in your OTA, Grab Handle solution.
More info in the other moonraker post.
Thank you.

Attached Files

#7 jag767

jag767

Viking 1

• Loc: Massapequa, NY

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:30 AM

The Aero ring can also be used on your existing OTA as a versatile, rotatable, removable, no holes in your OTA, Grab Handle solution.
More info in the other moonraker post.
Thank you.

:drool: Can you make a set of tube rings to match?

#8 markdturner1

markdturner1

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:30 PM

Short answer...............Yes,
Just let me know the diameter of your OTA and everything can match.
Thanks,
Mark.

#9 markdturner1

markdturner1

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:29 PM

Moonraker gold...............
The shape of things to come....................
and scroll down,
Hopefully will see you in person at NEAF on the HighPoint Scientific stand.

Attached Files

#10 markdturner1

markdturner1

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:58 AM

Highpoint Scientific will be displaying the Dark Matter 102 f6.5 triplet imaging and visual refractor. This will be a perfect oppertunity to see up close unique refractor design. This is a one off at f6.5 of which there are only three in existance. The rest of the production run will be f7.
More images can be seen at

Info on the Dark Matter f6.5 660mm 102 triplet.

660mm focal length - great for medium field imaging AND visual use.
Air-spaced F6.5 triplet with FPL-53 ED lens.
Fully collimateable handmade hophat and countercell.
Dual speed 2.5" Moonlite/Moonraker focuser
Finder scope brackets
2-1.25” push-fit adapter and focuser plug.
Vixen / Synta style handmade dovetail bar.
Hand made Tube rings with standard M6 hole fixings
Handmade handle and brackets
Handmade Dew shield
Total weight loaded is 8kg
Any number of finishes available in powder coated.

Attached Files

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics