Improved Juice Lids Vibration Pads

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 rolo

rolo

Apollo

• Loc: GA, USA

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:25 PM

Apparently there's a new " super resilient" version now! Has anyone tried these earthquake supressors yet? :scared:
Here are the original "Tropicana Juice Lids" version...scroll down to see the latest.

Attached Files

#2 rolo

rolo

Apollo

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:26 PM

???

#3 rolo

rolo

Apollo

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:27 PM

The new version is here! These are green so they must be the vegetable juice version. Are those vintage telephone mouth piece inserts :question:

Here's the ad...
http://www.cloudynig...ct=98600&sor...

#4 detector

detector

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: douglasville ga.

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:41 PM

they are better if used before the expiration date

#5 rolo

rolo

Apollo

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:02 PM

I'll drink to that! :drinkspit:

#6 calypsob

calypsob

Viking 1

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:49 AM

looks like sorbothane pads glued into drink lids to me.

#7 rolo

rolo

Apollo

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:13 AM

Looks more fraud to me...they should be advertised as " home made" orange juice lids.

#8 rmollise

rmollise

Hubble

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:41 AM

Caveat emptor. :lol:

#9 CharlesW

CharlesW

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Chula Vista & Indio, CA

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:52 AM

I absolutely agree with caveat emptor but how do you, Rolo, get off deliberately insulting this person's product? Buy it or don't but the insulting taunts just make you sound like a schoolyard bully with nothing better to do. And how is this fraud? Is Celestron a fraud because they don't directly manufacture all the screws used in making a mount? Is this guy a fraud because he took two existing products, put them together, and called it something else? I appreciate that the First Amendment pretty much allows you to say whatever you want, but I would hope the discourse in CN would be at a higher level than this. And I am in no way associated with the pads, I just don't like to see bullies in action.

#10 herrointment

herrointment

Aurora

• Loc: East of Poskin

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:39 PM

Never know, they may work great.

Dunno about the bully stuff, fraud I don't see that at all.

It's not like they're selling a toilet brush back scratcher. That thing left a rash!

#11 rmollise

rmollise

Hubble

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:05 PM

They might be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Without a little more information, though...well... "caveat emptor." If they incorporate a sorbothane pad, they could be as good as their inspiration. "If." ;)

#12 stevecoe

stevecoe

"Astronomical Tourist"

• Loc: Arizona, USA

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:22 PM

Rod, et al;

I like that fact that they come with an instruction sheet.

My old Celestron pads do a nice job, thanks;
Steve Coe

#13 rolo

rolo

Apollo

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:06 PM

I absolutely agree with caveat emptor but how do you, Rolo, get off deliberately insulting this person's product? Buy it or don't but the insulting taunts just make you sound like a schoolyard bully with nothing better to do. And how is this fraud? Is Celestron a fraud because they don't directly manufacture all the screws used in making a mount? Is this guy a fraud because he took two existing products, put them together, and called it something else? I appreciate that the First Amendment pretty much allows you to say whatever you want, but I would hope the discourse in CN would be at a higher level than this. And I am in no way associated with the pads, I just don't like to see bullies in action.

I guess they must have legalized cannabis in Chula Vista,California... :roflmao: I think I'll buy a set and do a thorough review but first I'll make broom stick tripod for my AP 900 and advertise it as super heavy duty tripod. I'll keep you posted, Chief.

#14 rolo

rolo

Apollo

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:15 PM

They might be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Anything is possible in America! At least it used to be... :smirk:

#15 aorion314

aorion314

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Elk Grove Ca

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:06 PM

aorion314 here, i took a moment to review the items that are also on sale from the person whom is selling the anti-vibration pads, seems legit to me. At the current cost of orange or vegatables containers and the ???sorbane/unknown material, the profit margin is small. Using current technology and materials has lead to a new application, that may well be a respectable alternative to spending 60+ dollars. Additionally, this is a reasonable example of "thinking outside the box." So the question now is whom is going to spend the money to buy or build so that some field testing can be done and reported on.

#16 herrointment

herrointment

Aurora

• Loc: East of Poskin

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:59 PM

Well I'd do it but I'll be setting up on ice for the foreseeable future and I don't feel like chasing my rig down the driveway.

#17 ur7x

ur7x

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:15 AM

Rather than complain that this might be a fraud (which I don't think it is) wouldn't a better approach be to figure out where they are sourcing the rubber inserts so we could make out own?

Just a thought

#18 catboat

catboat

Viking 1

• Loc: Maine

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:49 AM

:D

Rather than complain that this might be a fraud (which I don't think it is) wouldn't a better approach be to figure out where they are sourcing the rubber inserts so we could make out own?

Just a thought

May I suggest making cutouts from the sorbathane shoe inserts found at drugstores? (After you've used them for your feet, of course.)

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics