CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Smooth reliable gear head for Polarie

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hilmi

Hilmi

Skylab

• Loc: Muscat, Sultanate of Oman

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:28 AM

I love my Vixen Polarie, I have loaded with extra heavy gear and it just keeps on chugging. My weekest link is my Manfroto 410 gear head, it keeps on drifting out of polar alignment. I was just about to purchase a 405 for the larger load carrying capacity and I read a review that says it drifts with heavy loads. Soooo..... what gear head should I get that is silky smooth and retains position. I don't mind second hand.

#2 TONGKW

TONGKW

Apollo

• -----

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:55 AM

You may view this link to find out what “gear head” are available in Japan for their Polarie.
http://telescodelive...ou/cat11381474/

K W TONG
C8+CG5 GT, TSA102+HEQ5 PRO, MK67+Voyager, NexStar 6SE, C5+Mizar K, WO ZS80FD+Kenko NES, Megrez 72FD+Kenko KDS, Mini Borg 50, PST

#3 Hilmi

Hilmi

Skylab

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:20 AM

Google translate fails to work on that page. I never figured out how to buy from that guy. Is there an english language site?

#4 Hilmi

Hilmi

Skylab

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:27 AM

I've been looking online and it like the 405 is the only option available this side of being extremely rich.

I tried to look up second hand availability and it doesnt look like there are many options out there

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics