• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Don Allen

Don Allen

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Charleston, SC

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:42 PM

My G11 arrived Friday, yes yes pictures will be posted. This evening I was loading my latitude and longitude and it would not accept the numbers I entered. As I live right on the coast I wondered if the numbers I entered put me in the ocean and therefore Gemini would not take them. I adjusted them just small amount and it worked.

Any ideas :confused:

#2 gdd

gdd

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: N Seattle suburb, WA

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:11 PM

I recall there was an issue about whether to enter the numbers in decimal degrees, or in degrees, minutes, seconds. Also I think the longitude numbers are negative because we are to the west of Greenwich. I looked at the preset entry they had for Hollywood where the mounts are made to see what a reasonable number would be for my location.

I'm not aware of any edits insisting you must be on land. What if you have it set up on a cruise ship deck?

Gale

#3 oo_void

oo_void

Viking 1

• Loc: San Francisco, CA

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:25 PM

Are you trying to overwrite a predefined location? If so, the Hollywood location (home of Losmandy) is permanent, try changing Phoenix or one of the others.

#4 Losmandy

Losmandy

Vendor - Losmandy

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:48 PM

Hello Don
Just touch on the Long or Lat square and it will open a new window. Touch del. and then enter the new numbers, Deg. Min. then touch the back button or next button.The new location is set then.
Scott

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics