• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Emanuel

Emanuel

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:48 AM

Hey good people, how's going?
Need a hand from you guys! An astro friend just got lucky and by buying a house, the previous owner left him with a telescope, a Bosma 6" mak and a equatorial 5 mount. But, at the same time, he got also a lot of problems, because the telescope and mount were all over the floor, with no protection at all, and covered with dust and dirt! The mak, he managed to cleanned more or less, but the mount is a mess. He's new to the hobbie, and he's very far away from me, otherwise i would go to his place and help him out. What is really needed is a video on how to dissassembly, cleanning , lubricate and assembly the mount. Im not sure wich equatorial 5 is, maybe a Skywatcher or a similar clone, here's a photo of it, send it by him, at present condition. Thanks for all the help guys. :smirk:

Attached Files

#2 GordonCopestake

GordonCopestake

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Newcastle-under-Lyme, UK

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:57 AM

Looks like an old EQ5/CG5, likely most of the dust and grim is surface only and a simple wipe down with a damp cloth should clear most of it away. If you release the clutches does it turn freely?

#3 Eddgie

Eddgie

Voyager 1

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:59 AM

http://astronomyboy.com/cg5/

#4 Emanuel

Emanuel

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:45 PM

Thanks for the help guys! I cannot tell how its working, or if it works at all! Like i said, im very far away from him, and im trying to give all the possible help at a distance! For a new guy on astronomy and telescopes, its not going to be easy! :/

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics