Starry Night 7 available

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#201 Greyhaven

Greyhaven

Vanguard

• Loc: 16 miles south of the Buckfield Mall

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:32 PM

Well the SNP7.02 update is still yet to be released (due out before the end of 2014) and I have not heard anything about its status or the log feature . Also my description area in my info window blinks so rapidly that it is unusable, thanks to the last update. The update is so late I’m beginning to think that their planning to make it a “special” 1st anniversary offering. The only thing I hear consistently is “There is a lot going on here.” :scratchhead:   But no progress reports here or on their own web site. Has anyone had any response on their issues with the program in the last month?

Grey  :ohgeeze:

#202 RandallK

RandallK

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Nanaimo, B. C. Canada

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:45 PM

I've given up with them on SN7 and have confided in my previous version of SN6.

#203 pjglad

pjglad

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:20 PM

This product was released prematurely on 4/1/14 and has yet to recover. I was a beta tester and was totally dumbfounded when they released the product. The current release still has functional and UI regressions from SN6. The User's Guide was out of date the day it was released. In fact, the User's Guide does not even have a revision date or number - go figure. You can watch a Sequoia tree grow before you get a response from the Starry Night Yahoo forum - I posted a question on 1/15 and still no response. Conversely, you post a question on the SkySafari Yahoo forum and you will get a response in less than 4 hours any day of the week - same Company, different Product Team.

Edited by pjglad, 28 January 2015 - 10:17 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics