I would like to introduce "iAstroHub" the World's First Tablet Astrophotography Solution.
It is the time for real "Tablet Astrophotography" which is the passion behind this project. iAstroHub 1.0.0 got out of beta-testing with great supports and comments from developers and CN members here. The development of the project can be found here:
Of course, the project is open-sourced.
How does iAstroHub work?
- iAstroHub is installed on a small ARM CPU device: MK808 (or RK3066 device)
- Astrophotograpy devices are connected to the MK808.
- A mobile phone or tablet can connect to iAstroHub directly. Control of all devices is done via a web browser.
1. Autoguider: Orion Starshoot autoguider, QHY5, QHY5-II, QHY5L-II, QHY6
3. CCD: QHY5,6,8,8L,9,11,12
4. Filter wheel: Starlight Xpress
5. Focuser: Robofocus
6. Flat fielder: Flip-Flat
5. USB serial adapter (PL2303-based) for controlling a mount via a serial port. I recommend ATEN UC232A.
6. Powered USB hub
7. TRONSMART MK808 (with RK901 wifi) or MK808B (with RK903 wifi). I got it from geekbuying.com. Or any RK3066 mini PC stick + an external Ralink5370 usb wifi adapter.
8. Class-10 micro SD card (at least 8GB).
- only need a web browser on a mobile device to control everything! ( "i" stands for internet)
- control Orion Starshoot autoguider, QHY5, QHY5-II, QHY5L-II, or QHY6 for autoguiding using customized Linguider engine
- control a DSLR camera (tested on Canon and Nikon DSLR cameras)
- control DSLR setting and Liveview from DslrDashboard on Android
- support DSLR Mirror Lock-Up using DSUSB
- control QHY5,6,8,8L,9,11,12 for imaging using OpenSkyImager engine
- control a Starlight Xpress filter wheel
- control a Robofocus focuser
- autofocus by finding best focus point from V-curve
- control Flip-Flat for flat-fielder and lens cover
- show real-time guiding error graphs and alert logs
- preview images taken by a camera
- perform dithering between frames
- manipulate histogram of images from a CCD camera
- assist polar alignment
- perform plate-solving using the standalone Astrometry.net engine
- re-align mount based on the position from plate solving
- show skychart and control mount from built-in Skychart (Cartes du Ciel)
- show a plate-solving result directly in Skysafari and re-align the mount from Skysafari
- support the control of a mount from Skysafari on iOS and Android
- save all images on a USB flash drive
- support an external Ralink5370 wifi usb adapter for any RK3066 device
How to install:
In short, you need an image file on the micro sd card AND a kernel file for the MK808. Follow the instruction for installation in
Credit (in alphabetical order):
Andrew Stepanenko, Developer of LinGuider used for controlling an autoguider
Dirk Hünniger, Developer of DCD (python INDI client)
Dustin Lang, Developer of Astrometry.net used for plate-solving
Edward Simonson, Developer of GoQat
Giampiero Spezzano, Developer of OpenSkyImager used for controlling CCD
Jasem Mutlaq, Developer of INDI Library
Patrick Chevalley, Developer of SkyChart (Cartes du Ciel)
Stephane Lucas for beta-testing and valuable comments
Zhirong Li and Hongyun Qiu (QHY) from QHYCCD
Zoltan Hubai, Developer of DslrDashboard and DslrDashboard Server
Enjoy Tablet Astrophotography!