Photo

iAstroHub: Tablet astrophotography comes true!

• Please log in to reply
373 replies to this topic

#26 tango13

tango13

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Rome, Italy

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:53 AM

> I set the CPU frequenzy between 0.25 - 1.2 GHz. You can try the following commands to adjust. The device is stable for the max freq 1.2 or less.

cpufreq-set -g userspace
cpufreq-set -u 1200000
cpufreq-set -d 252000

Hi Anat,

I had already checked with cpufreq-info that these settings are already in place and in fact the cpu correctly sits at 250 MHz when the system is totally idle, but even in that case I still have a cpu load not less than 2... :confused:

I will investigate a bit and let you know in case of improvements.

Thank you very much.

Ciao,
Piero

#27 Jason Lin

Jason Lin

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:55 AM

Hi Anat,

Can I know if iAH support the Skywatcher mount like AZEQ6?

Jason

#28 anat

anat

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:20 AM

Jason,

Any mount supported by SkySafari works with iAstroHub. But built-in Skychart can control lx200 compatible mounts.

Anat

#29 Jason Lin

Jason Lin

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 09 May 2014 - 12:56 PM

Hi Anat,

I see post in CN that other people use MK808B successfully. so that i buy a MK808B with Bluetooth (the difference between MK808 and MK808B is the bluetooth and wifi, am I right?).

But when I follow the instruction to flash the ROM, the device fail to boot instead of boot to linux. If I flash the origianl finless 1.6, the device can boot to Linux but without wifi and bluetooth as described by Bob.

I also flash the original finless 2.1 successfully with wifi and bluetooth, but if I try to replace the recovery image with the new "Kernel_iAstroHub_MK808.img" in finless 2.1, it also fail to boot.

So, do the iAstroHub really support MK808B or should I switch to MK808 without Bluetooth? thanks a lot.

Jason

#30 anat

anat

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:40 PM

Jason

You need Finless Rom 2.1 and a different kernel for mk808b. Please follow my instruction on the first page (5th post from the last)

Anat

#31 Jason Lin

Jason Lin

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 10 May 2014 - 05:39 AM

Hi Anat,

Thank you for the reply. Sorry that I don't have much knowledge about Linux. I just follow the easy mode step by step to flash the rom. In your post you also says four command needs to be run for finless2.1, would you help me to understand when and how to get to the command screen? Thanks!

Jason

#32 anat

anat

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:31 AM

Hi Jason,

1) connect a TV monitor to your MK808B
2) connect a keyboard to your MK808B
3) boot the device
4) after the message stops, press Ctrl-F1. You will see a login page
5) login using the username: root and the password: ubuntu
6) type the commands at the command prompt.
7) then reboot.

In the next image file, a user will not need to do this anymore.

#33 Jason Lin

Jason Lin

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:27 AM

Thanks Anat. I have successfully installed iAstroHub in my MK808B. It is really a great tool for astrophotography!!

I have one more question about how to use the iAstroHub. After connectting to the VNC, we should see Linguider in the VNC screen. When it is first connected, I did see the Linguider and do some setting. But maybe i change some setting of iAstroHub when I look around the software, when I connect to the VNC again, it is found that OpenSkyImager is shown in the VNC screen. I try to reboot the MK808, restart the app in the admin page, both methods do not help. How can I goes back to the Linguider screen in the VNC? Thanks.

Jason

Add 1: I don't know how I get back to Linguider again... but there is another problem. In Setup - Guider Setup - Device, I choose QHY5, but there is not no drop-down menu in "Frame". It seems the QHY5 can not be start up to guide because this parameter is not properly setup.

Add 2: After I click "Processing-Calibration", I find that there is no way to quite the screen. The "File" become grey, and only "Find Star, Start, Start" in the calibration menu can be clicked. then how can we save the changes here?

Add 3: Quote: "From my experience, if the image scale is above 40-50 arcsecs, I can get the solution within 30 sec when using the files: 4206 - 4209. " should I get 4206 and 4207 and 4208 and 4209, or should I try 4206 or 4207 or 4208 or 4209 to see which one is better?

#34 ecloud

ecloud

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:11 PM

ccs

I know the main functionalities of iAstroHub
I just want to know how it will serve as a SkyFi, because I have some experience with SkyChart which is a good app but not as powerful as SkySafari, and SkyChart has some troubles to connect to my CEM60 mount

iAstroHub talked natively with LX200-compatible mounts (including CEM60). Web-based Skychart should be able to control your mount without any problem.

You can also use Skysafari to control the mount. iAstroHub will work as SkyFi for you.

Best regards,
Anat

Hi Anat,
Is the port 4030?
I met connection error in SkySafari Plus 4.0.5, could not connect to the SkyFi
Should I use SkyFi mod or SkyQ mode? What is the port?
I see not 4030 port is listening when I login with ssh and typed netstat -natp

#35 anat

anat

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:10 PM

ecloud

The port number for Skysafari is 3300. I update the instruction in README
https://sourceforge....astrohub/files/

Best regards,
Anat

#36 anat

anat

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:38 PM

I have one more question about how to use the iAstroHub. After connectting to the VNC, we should see Linguider in the VNC screen. When it is first connected, I did see the Linguider and do some setting. But maybe i change some setting of iAstroHub when I look around the software, when I connect to the VNC again, it is found that OpenSkyImager is shown in the VNC screen. I try to reboot the MK808, restart the app in the admin page, both methods do not help. How can I goes back to the Linguider screen in the VNC? Thanks.

VNC server will be terminated when you close the VNC client. Keep the client open. After you close Linguider, press "start apps". You will see Linguider. You may want to open two VNC screens (5900 and 5901). Sometimes Linguider is on 5900 or 5901.

Add 1: I don't know how I get back to Linguider again... but there is another problem. In Setup - Guider Setup - Device, I choose QHY5, but there is not no drop-down menu in "Frame". It seems the QHY5 can not be start up to guide because this parameter is not properly setup.

After selecting QHY5 for both guider and drive, please exit the program. Then, press "start apps". QHY5 will start. Then, you can configure other parameters.

Add 2: After I click "Processing-Calibration", I find that there is no way to quite the screen. The "File" become grey, and only "Find Star, Start, Start" in the calibration menu can be clicked. then how can we save the changes here?

Move the mouse cursor to the Calibration windows, and press "ESC" on your keyboard :)

Add 3: Quote: "From my experience, if the image scale is above 40-50 arcsecs, I can get the solution within 30 sec when using the files: 4206 - 4209. " should I get 4206 and 4207 and 4208 and 4209, or should I try 4206 or 4207 or 4208 or 4209 to see which one is better?

4206 and 4207 and 4208 and 4209

Best regards,
Anat

#37 Jason Lin

Jason Lin

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:21 AM

Hi Anat,

Do you have the plan to let iAstroHub to control two cameras at the same time? It become more and more popular to have two scopes and two cameras (or CCD) working on the same mount at the same time.

Jason

#38 anat

anat

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:29 AM

Jason,

iAstroHub uses Gphoto2 to control a camera. I think Gphoto2 cannot control two cameras at the same time.

It is possible if controlling camera shutter without previewing on another camera. I am working on adding the support for SBIG cameras. I will look into multiple cameras later.

Anat
  • rckol likes this

#39 ecloud

ecloud

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:02 PM

Hi, Anat
Thank you for your update. I have successfully connected to my Mount (CEM60) with SkySafari+ and also built in Sky Chart. Both work perfect.
But there is a problem, there seems no functions like 'Zero' and 'Park' position.
So could you please add such function to control the mount to Zero or a certain RA&DEC position?

I'm configuring plate solving today. So there is another question.
If I do not connect a CCD or DSLR to the iAH stick, can I insert the SD card with images into a Reader, and connect it to iAH stick, will plate solving work on the images in the SD card?

#40 Jason Lin

Jason Lin

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:04 PM

Hi Anat,

It seems iAstrohub do not support live-view function natively. I see live-view is supported from DslrDashboard on Android, but unfortunately I am a iOS user.

Is liveview not supported by gphoto2 or is there any other special reason? Would you consider to support liveview natively in iAstroHub in next release?

Jason

Jason,

iAstroHub uses Gphoto2 to control a camera. I think Gphoto2 cannot control two cameras at the same time.

It is possible if controlling camera shutter without previewing on another camera. I am working on adding the support for SBIG cameras. I will look into multiple cameras later.

Anat

#41 PhilfromAus

PhilfromAus

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:39 PM

Hi Anat, great work on your project. I was looking at Geekbuying to source a MK808B and noticed there is a new Tronsmart MK808II which has same RK3066 processor / RK903 wifi and the only difference from MK808B seems to be the addition of external antenna - presumably giving better / wider wifi coverage. Do you have any experience with this or plan to test ? Having said that, can you advise how far away can you get wifi connection from your telescope using MK808 / MK808B, thanks Phil

#42 anat

anat

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:30 AM

Hi, Anat
Thank you for your update. I have successfully connected to my Mount (CEM60) with SkySafari+ and also built in Sky Chart. Both work perfect.
But there is a problem, there seems no functions like 'Zero' and 'Park' position.
So could you please add such function to control the mount to Zero or a certain RA&DEC position?

I'm configuring plate solving today. So there is another question.
If I do not connect a CCD or DSLR to the iAH stick, can I insert the SD card with images into a Reader, and connect it to iAH stick, will plate solving work on the images in the SD card?

Good to hear that it works with your CEM60.

1) The parking/home command is not a generic LX200 command. I can add it for you or you may try adding it by yourself. You may see how the Goto or Sync buttons work in the file "skysafari.html"

There is a workaround. You can search for "Polaris". Then "select" a star near your home position, and press Center. Then press Goto. "Selecting" can be done by dragging and releasing the star/object you want...the same manner as selecting a guiding star. The position will be registered before you press "center"

2) You can use a sdcard to usb adapter and plug it in a usb port. Then press "Mount a usb drive". You can see the existing file in your sdcard. Note that the files must be in the root level.

#43 anat

anat

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:36 AM

Hi Anat,

It seems iAstrohub do not support live-view function natively. I see live-view is supported from DslrDashboard on Android, but unfortunately I am a iOS user.

Is liveview not supported by gphoto2 or is there any other special reason? Would you consider to support liveview natively in iAstroHub in next release?

Jason

Hi Jason,

Now qDslrDashboard is based on QT5 which works across various platforms. The developer of qDslrDashboard just released the versions for Windows, and MacOSX. He may release the iOS version soon.
http://dslrdashboard.info/

Gphoto2 is quite limited for liveview.

Best regards,
Anat

#44 anat

anat

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:40 AM

Hi Phil,

There are a lot of variants of RK3066 products. I cannot recommend other products which have not been tested :)

The wifi range can be about 10-20 m

Best regards,
Anat

#45 ecloud

ecloud

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:34 AM

Hi Anat,
Thanks for your quick reply.
However, I think the function of inputting a certain DEC/RA value directly to Goto is useful. Any special position could be performed with DEC/RA values. And also, if I want to Goto a target which is not in the CkyChart DB (like a new comet), I will need to input the DEC/RA value.
So I suggest to add such functions, to accept direct DEC/RA input.
In additional, I suggest to add a REBOOT button on the Admin page. Sometimes the system is *BLEEP* slow or dead, we can reboot it without touching the power lines.

I will test plate solving on the SD card, update the result later.

#46 vendinleciel

vendinleciel

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:00 AM

Hello ANat i put the new version of iastrohub on my mk802, it works very well.
A question: it seems that with the new version the blue power led light off about 15 mn after boot, therefore all the functions are OK all time. Is it normal? until the native install i have only make a modprobe to use FTDI rs232 which is now usable with my etx and skysafari.

#47 ecloud

ecloud

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:57 AM

Hello ANat i put the new version of iastrohub on my mk802, it works very well.
A question: it seems that with the new version the blue power led light off about 15 mn after boot, therefore all the functions are OK all time. Is it normal? until the native install i have only make a modprobe to use FTDI rs232 which is now usable with my etx and skysafari.

The same to me.
The blue light will shutdown after around 15 mins, on my MK808B.

#48 ecloud

ecloud

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:30 PM

Hi Anat,
There is a conflict in VNC services.
When we start Autoguider, there will be two VNC app running, 5900 is Lin-guider screen and 5901 is OpenSkyImager.
But when we click 'Start Skychart to Setup via VNC', the Skychart will also show in 5900, with Lin-guider together…
And another conflict is, if we click 'Start Skychart to Setup via VNC' after 'Start Skychart', the Skychart will not show in VNC, So I think we can only click one start button.

For the first conflict, I suggest to move Skychart to 5902.
For the second conflict, I suggest to use a dropdown list to start Skychart, with VNC or not.
At least, these issues should be highlighted in README.

#49 ecloud

ecloud

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:31 PM

2) You can use a sdcard to usb adapter and plug it in a usb port. Then press "Mount a usb drive". You can see the existing file in your sdcard. Note that the files must be in the root level.

It seems Plate-solving only work on the file named image.jpg, can not be selected. So why you we asking me to put the file into root level?
Is there any function for me to select a file and covert it to image.jpg? I see no dcraw in the system. I had downloaded the code and complied one.

For some people like me could not connect my Pentax DSLR to iAstroHub. So we need to use a different way to feed the image to Plate-solving. Even upload the jpg file from iPAD is a solution.

Solution A
Add a selection function, to select a SD card file and cover it to image.jpg. This needs dcraw.
Solution B
Add a upload button, to upload a jpg file from PAD/phone as the image.jpg.
This needs a SD adapter for PAD/phone.

#50 anat

anat

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:08 PM

Hi Anat,
Thanks for your quick reply.
However, I think the function of inputting a certain DEC/RA value directly to Goto is useful. Any special position could be performed with DEC/RA values. And also, if I want to Goto a target which is not in the CkyChart DB (like a new comet), I will need to input the DEC/RA value.
So I suggest to add such functions, to accept direct DEC/RA input.
In additional, I suggest to add a REBOOT button on the Admin page. Sometimes the system is *BLEEP* slow or dead, we can reboot it without touching the power lines.

I will test plate solving on the SD card, update the result later.

Hi ecloud,

Thank you for your suggestion. I will add RA/DEC goto and Reboot in the next release :) Please do report the condition that causes any crash. So far the system is stable for me.

Best regards,
Anat

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics