CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

iAstroHub: Tablet astrophotography comes true!

• Please log in to reply
549 replies to this topic

#526 dragonlost

dragonlost

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 07 September 2015 - 01:44 AM

Hello.

I would use my Canon 1000D with astrometry (plate solving) in iastrohub.

But I can not find where does one note the configurations of the telescope?

I also have a problem:

By activating the mirror lifting and USB transfers with my Canon 1000D, no new image is visible in the window "view".

Thanks for your help.

Edited by dragonlost, 07 September 2015 - 02:55 PM.

#527 ziopasqui

ziopasqui

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:47 PM

Good morning,

I just received an CX919 unit in which I'm trying to install iAstroHub. 

I tried the following procedures, with no results:

1) write (with win32diskimager) the CX919 image on SD and reboot the unit. Nothing happened.I changed SD and PC used to write SD, always black screen

2) following instruction on page 5, I've tried to flash PicUntu. After writing to flash, I got an error while checking flash. No luck even with 1.24 boot.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Andrea 

#528 ecloud

ecloud

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Dalian, China

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:42 AM

Good morning,

1) write (with win32diskimager) the CX919 image on SD and reboot the unit. Nothing happened.I changed SD and PC used to write SD, always black screen

2) following instruction on page 5, I've tried to flash PicUntu. After writing to flash, I got an error while checking flash. No luck even with 1.24 boot.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Andrea 

The 'Morden' CX919 does not support boot from sd card.

Try MK908II

#529 ziopasqui

ziopasqui

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:49 AM

Thank you for your reply ecloud.

Now I managed to install everything on a MK808B. The only problem is that I'm not able to use my Canon 450D through iAstroHub. Which cable am I supposed to use for interfacing? Is a standar USB cable ok?

I saw on previous pages that someone else got problems using Canon, but that was on a PI unit. Is this a problem also for MK808B unit? How can I solve it?

Thank you.

Andrea

Edited by ziopasqui, 18 September 2015 - 07:56 AM.

#530 ziopasqui

ziopasqui

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:28 AM

I'm answering to myself. I found the reason why my 450d wasn't working with iAstroHub: it was configured for taking multiple pictures, so It wasn't taking any photo at all. Now it works well with qDslrDashBoard on my Ipad. Last thing to configure will be connection to my Celestron CGEM mount via SkySafary: I will give it a try as soon as good wheather will be available at night time. Thank you for this great work!

Andrea

#531 anat

anat

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:44 PM

Hello.

I would use my Canon 1000D with astrometry (plate solving) in iastrohub.

But I can not find where does one note the configurations of the telescope?

I also have a problem:

By activating the mirror lifting and USB transfers with my Canon 1000D, no new image is visible in the window "view".

Thanks for your help.

Sorry for my late reply. The usb cable cannot be use for the mirror lock up. You use a separate serial shutter cable to use for mirror lockup.

Anat

#532 anat

anat

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:44 PM

I'm answering to myself. I found the reason why my 450d wasn't working with iAstroHub: it was configured for taking multiple pictures, so It wasn't taking any photo at all. Now it works well with qDslrDashBoard on my Ipad. Last thing to configure will be connection to my Celestron CGEM mount via SkySafary: I will give it a try as soon as good wheather will be available at night time. Thank you for this great work!

Andrea

Andrea

Sorry for my late response. Good to hear that the problem was resolved. 

Anat

#533 anat

anat

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:46 PM

For a new user, I want to emphasize again that it is important to get the device with AP6210. If it is not possible, I recommend you use Raspberry Pi 2 and download the image file in my another post. 

Anat

#534 Kolenka

Kolenka

Apollo

• Loc: Seattle Area, WA, USA

Posted 29 October 2015 - 11:09 AM

Good morning,

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Andrea 

The 'Morden' CX919 does not support boot from sd card.

Try MK908II

So here's a question, how do you find out which will boot from SD and which won't before buying? Because I ran into this same issue where just putting in an imaged SD card into the CX919 I picked up doesn't boot at all. Even a list of "go buy it from here because it will work" would be helpful, but my web searches aren't turning up good hits. 

EDIT: I'll add that I (somewhat stupidly) grabbed the Andoer branded CX919. Just in case anyone else is thinking about it: don't. Here's a list of what they did with it:

1) Disabled SD card booting.

2) Disabled it showing up in Windows when booted normally. So you can't get at it to root it.

3) Changed the USB PID so that the Rockchip drivers don't work to flash custom firmware on it. Oh, and changed something about the handshake such that you can't even force the Rockchip drivers to load. 

So yeah, a total waste on that front. Waiting on a different unit from GeekBuying to use instead.

Edited by Kolenka, 29 October 2015 - 07:24 PM.

#535 THX59

THX59

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: FRANCE

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:41 AM

Hi Annat,

I'm new in this topic. I use "iAstroHub2.2_CX919_20150311.img" (linuxium) for few months and I appreciate it (almost addict now !).

I need your help because I can control a 1100d from IAH web page but not a 1000d.
If I use the Gphoto2 SSH commands to control the 1000d, I get the following message :
"Error message -> Canon EOS Get Changes failed (0x02f: PTP I/O Error)".

I have a collegue who have installed Linux and Gphoto2 in the memory of its own barebone (without any SD card). He don't have this problem, He can control the 1000d properly. He tried to reinstall Gphoto2 in my SD card without any success.

I feel that the problem come from gphoto2 and Linuxium. I need your help because we are not able to solve it.

Thanks for your help

Edited by THX59, 14 November 2015 - 01:48 AM.

#536 silentg

silentg

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 20 November 2015 - 09:25 PM

Hi Anat,

I'm about to assemble an autoguiding kit and was wondering if UVC cameras are now supported on the MK909? I cannot afford the Orion autoguider and would rather DIY that portion of the build. If I could just use the Raspberry Pi 2 and figure out a way to control it over wifi that would work for me too. Ideally, I'd like to have the rig handle exposure through dslrdashboard autonomously as well, not sure whether anyone has tried that recently.

Thanks,

Aramide Gbadamosi

#537 ccs_hello

ccs_hello

Cosmos

Posted 20 November 2015 - 11:11 PM

Hi Aramide,

Welcome to Cloudy Nights!

A quick question...  which UVC cam you have in mind?

My concern is that many UVC cameras do not have capability of long exposure (say 0.5 sec per frame) and the image sensor

used can be very low end or tiny, this may not be useful practically for guiding.

Clear Skies!

ccs_hello

#538 silentg

silentg

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:24 PM

Hi Aramide,

Welcome to Cloudy Nights!

A quick question...  which UVC cam you have in mind?

My concern is that many UVC cameras do not have capability of long exposure (say 0.5 sec per frame) and the image sensor

used can be very low end or tiny, this may not be useful practically for guiding.

Clear Skies!

ccs_hello

From my research, a Phillips SPC900NC would probably be the best option. It has a minimum shutter speed of 1/5s which might pose a problem here... what are your thoughts? I don't have the budget to get something too expensive but anything under $100 should work.

#539 ccs_hello

ccs_hello

Cosmos

Posted 25 November 2015 - 10:37 PM

Try to get a used QHY5L-II (color or mono) would be great.

Earlier generation of QHY5 (new but discontinued, if you can find it) would also be fine.

Unfortunately AP is a money pit.

#540 anat

anat

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:23 PM

I am pleased to release iAstroHub 2.2 for a RK3288 device,..Ugoos UT3S. Due to changes in RK3188 bootloader/wifi, I had a long quest to find a better platform. Ugoos UT3S is choosen because

1) Faster...CPU runs at 1.8GHz  max. vs. 1.2GHz in CX919.  It is even faster than Intel Compute Stick. 

2) UT3s has a built-in fan. The maximum temp is less than 50 C (Fan on). and less than 60C (Fan off). You can configure it from GUI. 

3) Four USB ports. No need to get a usb hub

4) The image file is installed on the internal emmc storage which is faster than a micro SD card. No need to buy a micro SD card.

5) Wifi signal is very strong. Infrastructure and AP modes work well.

6) The ethernet port is available as well.

7) Ubuntu 14.10 used to develop iAstrohub is officially released by Ugoos. No compatibility issue on wifi/bootloader.

8) Ugoos has a good record on customer service and software support. Right now they still keep updating firmware for their old products.

Steps to install the firmware:

1. Download the flashing tool and firmware from 

http://ugoos.net/blo...ux-dualboot-v03

2. Choose config_linux.cfg on the tool before flashing

3. Replace linuxroot.img in the folder "UT3S_xubuntu_3.0_andr2.0.6\Image" with the iAstroHub image from here

https://drive.google...SXJ2dWFWdjJqcEk

(need to uncompress using 7z)

4. Flash the device.

DONE! Then use the same instruction as that for MK808 and CX919. 

I develop iAstroHub on UT3S with 2GB RAM. It should work with the 4GB RAM model. However, 2GB is more than enough. You can get Ugoos UT3S from the official Ugoos store in Aliexpress. 

I also attach the steps to build iAstroHub for UT3S in case you want to enjoy more. The steps to make new kernel modules and back up the image are also provided in the file.

Happy new year 2016

Anat

Attached Files

Edited by anat, 01 January 2016 - 06:53 PM.

#541 ccs_hello

ccs_hello

Cosmos

Posted 08 January 2016 - 08:35 PM

Anat,

I know you probably have seen many "will this hardware work" type of questions, so please bear with me...

ARM Cortex-A53 based 64-bit quad core 1.2GHz CPU + Mali400MP2 GPU.

All Winner SoC part number is R18.

The end product is PINE A64 currently in Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstar...t/posts/1439501

1GB RAM  version $19

2GB RAM  version $29

"bring in your own WiFi USB dongle"

Run 64-bit Ubuntu Linux off microSD flash card.

Will it be a good target to consider?

Clear Skies!

ccs_hello

Edited by ccs_hello, 08 January 2016 - 08:35 PM.

#542 anat

anat

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 10 January 2016 - 09:59 PM

ccs_hello

Thanks for the information. I will support the project :)  It has a wifi module on board.

Best regards,

Anat

Edited by anat, 10 January 2016 - 10:00 PM.

#543 THX59

THX59

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 24 January 2016 - 03:34 AM

I'm used to using the version which boot on SD card of an CX919 (Linuxium and iAH in SD) because it was the best way to discover iAH fot someone who don't have a lot of knoledges in computering.
But this set up isn't totaly stable, so I want to flash even my CX919 8G one antenna (bought in april 2015), or my MK802iV 16G.
But I have huge dificulties to find the corrects files to flash this hardware.
Where can I find the files to flash it ???
Mainly to remplace Android by Linux, or better, are there somebody who could provide a global file image (Linux + iHAv2.2) from the same hardware ?
Thanks for your help

#544 anat

anat

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 January 2016 - 06:28 AM

I'm used to using the version which boot on SD card of an CX919 (Linuxium and iAH in SD) because it was the best way to discover iAH fot someone who don't have a lot of knoledges in computering.
But this set up isn't totaly stable, so I want to flash even my CX919 8G one antenna (bought in april 2015), or my MK802iV 16G.
Mainly to remplace Android by Linux, or better, are there somebody who could provide a global file image (Linux + iHAv2.2) from the same hardware ?
Thanks for your help

Please see Post #113

http://www.cloudynig...true/?p=6073751

iAstroHub is installed in NAND of MK809iii (similar to MK802IV). Make sure that it has the AP6210 wifi chip.

Anat

#545 anat

anat

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 January 2016 - 06:39 AM

The coming release of iAstroHub will support QSI CCD cameras. It uses GoQat as the background engine. Since GoQat also supports SX and other cameras via INDI, the support for other CCD cameras will be possible. 

Anat

Attached Files

#546 THX59

THX59

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 24 January 2016 - 07:36 AM

Thanks for your help

Please see Post #113

http://www.cloudynig...true/?p=6073751

iAstroHub is installed in NAND of MK809iii (similar to MK802IV). Make sure that it has the AP6210 wifi chip.

Anat

Hello Anat,

I know this post but the problem is that the links of freaktab page to download Picuntu are broken probably since RKM have lauched MK802iV LE...

My question could seem stupid but I'm still looking for a way to remplace android by Picuntu.

Are there somebody who have got this files before ?

Are there somebody who could transmit me it ?

It whould be unfortunate to have to buy MK802iV LE while I have already two hardwares.

Thanks for your help

#547 anat

anat

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 January 2016 - 08:14 AM

I have just uploaded "picuntu-4.5-basicgui-nand" to here

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

All credits go to Alok Sinha

I also attach the steps to make iAstroHub on MK809iii or MK802iv (AP6210 wifi)

Anat

Attached Files

#548 anat

anat

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:09 PM

I want to introduce the World's First feature called "Auto Hat-trick" on iAstroHub. It works with QSI cameras.

If a guiding error is larger than a threshold, the shutter will close. And the shutter will open, when the guiding error is smaller. While closing and opening the shutter, the CCD still exposes. So, the exposure time remains the same. Poor guiding will no longer ruin images.

Please see the video on how Auto Hat-trick works

Best regards,

Anat

Edited by anat, 25 January 2016 - 10:11 PM.

#549 THX59

THX59

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 26 January 2016 - 03:22 AM

Anat

Anat,
My question could seems stupid again, but all the images files available in the freakstab forum doesn't work. I have yet tried all the images files possible (Picuntu, Linuxium, marvin, radxa, alksinha...). Nothing go out from the HDMI output. Impossible to flash Linux into the CX919/MK802IV. The problem seems come to the chips used to build the latest hardwares (except AP6210).
However, MK802IV/CX919 seems still be the better hardware for iAH.
Is 'MK802IV LE' the better hardware to install iAH today ?
Thanks for your help.

#550 anat

anat

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 January 2016 - 03:45 AM

Anat

Anat,
My question could seems stupid again, but all the images files available in the freakstab forum doesn't work. I have yet tried all the images files possible (Picuntu, Linuxium, marvin, radxa, alksinha...). Nothing go out from the HDMI output. Impossible to flash Linux into the CX919/MK802IV. The problem seems come to the chips used to build the latest hardwares (except AP6210).
However, MK802IV/CX919 seems still be the better hardware for iAH.
Is 'MK802IV LE' the better hardware to install iAH today ?
Thanks for your help.

Right now the better device is Ugoos UT3s. The installation steps are explained in Post #540.

Anat

Edited by anat, 26 January 2016 - 03:45 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics