I just received an CX919 unit in which I'm trying to install iAstroHub.
I tried the following procedures, with no results:
1) write (with win32diskimager) the CX919 image on SD and reboot the unit. Nothing happened.I changed SD and PC used to write SD, always black screen
2) following instruction on page 5, I've tried to flash PicUntu. After writing to flash, I got an error while checking flash. No luck even with 1.24 boot.
The 'Morden' CX919 does not support boot from sd card.
So here's a question, how do you find out which will boot from SD and which won't before buying? Because I ran into this same issue where just putting in an imaged SD card into the CX919 I picked up doesn't boot at all. Even a list of "go buy it from here because it will work" would be helpful, but my web searches aren't turning up good hits.
EDIT: I'll add that I (somewhat stupidly) grabbed the Andoer branded CX919. Just in case anyone else is thinking about it: don't. Here's a list of what they did with it:
1) Disabled SD card booting.
2) Disabled it showing up in Windows when booted normally. So you can't get at it to root it.
3) Changed the USB PID so that the Rockchip drivers don't work to flash custom firmware on it. Oh, and changed something about the handshake such that you can't even force the Rockchip drivers to load.
So yeah, a total waste on that front. Waiting on a different unit from GeekBuying to use instead.
Edited by Kolenka, 29 October 2015 - 07:24 PM.