Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:50 AM
I got a very strange problem connecting to skysafari. When I try to connect, I get the following error message:
"skysafari plus can make a wireless network connection to the scope, but the scope is not responding. Make sure it is connected and powered on. Also check that your scope type is correct."
here is my set up procedure, please help to take a look if there is any problem.
1. I set up the skysafari: scope type: synscan, mount type: equatorial goto (german), IP: 10.0.0.1, port number: 3300.
2. In skysafari, I went to "save and restore setting" menu, and save new setting files, and also email this new setting file to my email address.
3. i rename the file as "setting.skyset" and upload this file to /home/pi/www/.
4. I connect the iastrohub and the mount like this: 808b -> usb to serial line -> original line comes with my AZEQ6 -> hand control of AZEQ6. the mount is power on
5. connect my iphone to 808B device wifi, open the skysafari and click "scope - connect", and then get the error message as above.
I check in the system info page, the USB device is found:
1. (2x) Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
2. future technology devices international, ltd FT232 USB-Serial(RART)IC
I also connect my mount(AZEQ6) to my laptop and MDL can connect and control it, so that I suppose my usb-serial line is ok
in your idea, what is the other possible error I made?