•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Almost Heaven Star Party 2014

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#51 Seanem44

Seanem44

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Woodbridge, VA

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:41 AM

Glad you enjoyed Lentini.  You are usually guaranteed one good night!  I thought the transparency was a bit off on Monday night, but even still its amazing.  I also was able to get some imaging in and chased down some Messiers I usually can't see.

#52 Glen A W

Glen A W

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: USA

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:14 AM

I drove up and down the mountain four times in my Toyota Echo, so I'd say most any car can make it.  It does appear that I damaged my brakes, though.  They are grinding pretty badly now.  Maybe they were just ready to wear out, who knows?  These smaller cars have lightweight brakes and I warped a pair in 2006 on another Echo coming down the paved Briery Gap Road on the west side of Spruce Knob.

I met Seanem44 one day out in front of my camp, along with many other good people over the course of the party.  It was a great event, something I will remember for the rest of my life.

Although I live under what many people call a dark sky, compared to Spruce Knob, it does not deliver.  When I was outside last night with my scopes, everything seemed dull and dim in comparison!

Here is a blog entry I wrote for The Mountain Institute, along with pics I took :  http://spruceknob.blogspot.com/

Glen

Edited by Glen A W, 29 August 2014 - 11:18 AM.

#53 Seanem44

Seanem44

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Woodbridge, VA

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:41 PM

Very nice write up Glen!  I would say the people at AHSP are top notch!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics