• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Roragi

Roragi

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Madrid, Spain

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:21 AM

Hello friends CN, shipping this sketch chain galaxy that we like to watch. I had to make this panoramic mosaic pendant large field, please put the E 21 and outline those galaxies. The night was stable and transparent but not the best in the world, but I had no trouble seeing the subtle details with the help of E 13, the odd look to finish the sketch. It was made ​​in 2 nights not for the difficulty, but rather by fatigue generated much light display.

As the title says, I need help locating the small galaxy is between NGC 4473/4477 on the left side with symbols? I asked a friend, but he assures me that there is nothing there, assures me that I have invented, but I firmly believe in what I observed that night, but not rule my mistake, I have to wait a while to re-look at that area or someone enlighten me with your wisdom.

Attached Files

#2 blb

blb

Skylab

• -----
  • Loc: Piedmont NC

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:50 AM

Are you sure you really saw this object? Nothing shows up on this labled photo.

Attached Files

#3 IVM

IVM

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: USA

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:53 AM

Nice sketch. PGC 41174 is in that location, but as it is mag. 17, you most likely saw its light combined with (and dominated by) the mag. 14 and 15 stars in the same position.

#4 niteskystargazer

niteskystargazer

Gemini

• Loc: 41-43'-28" N 87-42'-39" W

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:08 PM

Roberto,

Very good sketch of the Markarian Chain Galaxy :).

CS,KLU,

:thanx:,

Tom

#5 frank5817

frank5817

Cosmos

• Loc: Illinois

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:24 PM

Roberto,

Very nice to see how well a 10 incher does under clear dry skies.
Fine sketching.

Frank :)

#6 Roragi

Roragi

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:48 AM

Hello friends, thanks for the comments, I'm glad to know they appreciated this sketch.
PGC 41174 Ivan as you say this in that position, did not really know that galaxy, plus I doubt I can reach that magnitude in my 10'' dob. Definitely will go over the area and do not rule that I have been a mistake of mine, even if I am very grateful because it is the only person who gave me some light regarding my question suggested.

Greetings and thank you all for your courtesy.

#7 CarlosEH

CarlosEH

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Pembroke Pines, Broward County, Florida

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:00 PM

Roberto,

An excellent observation of the Markarian Chain of galaxies. Thank you for sharing it with us all.

Regards,
Carlos

#8 blb

blb

Skylab

• -----
  • Loc: Piedmont NC

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:07 PM

Roberto,
I am sorry. I too should have said that this is a very good sketch of the Markarian chain of galaxies. I was cought up in trying to figure out the answer to your question. Although PGC 41174 is in the location you have sketched, like you, I think a 17th mag. galaxy is beyond the reach of a 10-inch scope. If this 17th magnitude galaxy could be seen, then I think you would have seen IC3386 at vmag 15.0 and IC3393 at vmag 14.9. These are located between NGC4435 and NGC4458 (see above photo). I think this is a case of two faint stars close together looking nebulous. Still though this is a very good sketch. Thanks for posting it.

#9 Roragi

Roragi

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:39 AM

Thanks Carlos for your feedback. Buddy, I appreciate your clarification and also very grateful for the picture, as I discussed course you do not reach to see that galaxy by high magnitude and affirm as well had to have seen other more that I wanted to clear the moon.
He does not know how to express their language because my level is low can only communicate through this place through a translator, I hope the above message is not something offensive as it is not my intention, message other partner of this forum turned out to be something clearer by these means of translation.

Thank you very much for everything.

A greeting.

Roberto.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics