CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

OneSky Newtonian - Astronomers without borders

• Please log in to reply
1300 replies to this topic

#1301 jhitesma

jhitesma

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 17 August 2015 - 05:20 PM

New tripod works great :)  Confirmed that our little two step step stool puts our daughter at the right height, and a quick test in the backyard showed that it's much more comfortable to use now:

Attached File  11871851_10152960575876805_1339048055_o.jpg   90.1KB   16 downloads

In fact, my wife who so far despite her intense interest in astronomy and excitement about us getting this scope has been scared to touch it finally got into a groove. 

Pretty sure she found M7 and M6 purely by chance from our red zone backyard.  She was just scanning around and called out "Hey check this out!".  Weren't able to track our way back to any recognizable reference points but it was the right part of the sky for them and they looked right.  Considering I spent 20 minutes at the darker site on Friday searching for either of them with no luck I was impressed that she found them in just a few minutes from our yard by chance :D

Oh and replacing my cardboard shroud with foam was a good call, it's much easier to expand/collapse now...plus I prefer the smell of hot glue over the smell of cardboard with my nose right up against it!

• havasman, OrdinaryLight, jlandy and 1 other like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics