CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New shop with second story observatory

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#76 TCW

TCW

Gemini

Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:54 PM

It's called D-log.  Not too expensive.  I matches the siding on the house.  The building is mainly a luthiers shop.  The shop is insulated with closed cell foam and is very efficient.  It will be interesting to see what sort of thermal effects I have and when.  The structure is built like a tank.

My neighbors used the same siding.  I have read that spray foam insulation makes for a very stiff building.

#77 TCW

TCW

Gemini

Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:56 PM

Currently I have my Celestron Omni XLT 150R up.

Your photo makes the pier look six feet tall. What is the height of the pier and the height from floor to the dome opening?

#78 George P Dunham

George P Dunham

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Pinecliffe,CO USA

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:29 PM

The pier is 50" tall.  Once my primary scope is in place, I will report all my data here.  I know that there are some on this forum who will be interested.  The floor to dome distance is 124".

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics