Astronomers Without Borders 80ED isStill Available

• Please log in to reply
307 replies to this topic

#301 evan9162

evan9162

Ranger 4

• Loc: Boise, ID

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:00 PM

I found what I consider to be the perfect soft-side case for the C80ED (or any refractor of this size) - the Hakuba PSTC 100 tripod case

http://www.bhphotovi...ripod_Case.html

It's a touch long for the C80ED, but that leaves extra room for end padding, or leaving some accessories (such as a camera) attached while in the bag.  The finder, and included diagonal/eyepiece also fit nicely in the side pouch.  The price is reasonable too - about $36.  

Here's a shot of my C80ED in the case:

Attached Files

Edited by evan9162, 10 October 2014 - 09:00 PM.

#302 GOLGO13

GOLGO13

Gemini

• Loc: St. Louis area

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:23 AM

Thanks Evan9162...that looks like just the think I could use for mine!

#303 REC

REC

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: NC

Posted 11 October 2014 - 10:50 AM

Looks good!

#304 mwedel

mwedel

Works with Sauropods

• Loc: Claremont, CA

Posted Yesterday, 09:00 PM

Mine just came in, and I'm digging it, but man, I really want some decent rings to replace the clamshell. Any recommendations for particularly good ones, or any good deals out there? If this was already covered up-thread, feel free to point me there.

#305 Peter Besenbruch

Peter Besenbruch

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted Today, 02:13 AM

Mine just came in, and I'm digging it, but man, I really want some decent rings to replace the clamshell. Any recommendations for particularly good ones, or any good deals out there? If this was already covered up-thread, feel free to point me there.

You could try this, along with this. I find the combination works well, as long as you use the screws supplied with the dovetail bar, and not the rings.

#306 rockethead26

rockethead26

Gemini

• Loc: Arizona, USA

Posted Today, 09:44 AM

You could try this, along with this. I find the combination works well, as long as you use the screws supplied with the dovetail bar, and not the rings.

That combo is what I use, too.

#307 Binojunky

Binojunky

Mercury-Atlas

Posted Today, 09:54 AM

Agena astro, they do a set from GSO, I think they are nicer than the Synta ones they also sell, also dovetail and finders, good company to deal with. DA.

#308 Ain Soph Aur

Ain Soph Aur

Viking 1

• Loc: West Tennessee

Posted Today, 10:09 AM

I picked up a pair of Williams Optics 90mm tube rings for mine. Kinda pricey but very nice.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics