27 replies to this topic

#26 MJB87

MJB87

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Talbot County, MD

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:51 PM

Good news and bad news.

Good news. The observatory is just about done. I mounted the telescope today. Photo is below. Ignore the wires -- still have to tidy up.

Bad news. The motor control board in my CGE Pro mount is shot. Was on the phone all day with Celestron. So one day after assembling everything for the first time, I have to take it apart and ship the mount back. (It worked OK a couple of months ago during tests but started to go crazy about 2-3 weeks ago.)

It has been 15 months to this point. Now we have to wait another 6-8 weeks.

Attached Files

#27 shomstead

shomstead

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Foot hills of South Carolina

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:48 PM

That's depressing. I'm waiting on a top plate for my new cge pro. How are you going to deal with wires. I'm still scratching my head

#28 MJB87

MJB87

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Talbot County, MD

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:19 PM

Wires are a challenge. I've got Cat5 (for my media encoder), S-video (camera output to TV), four USB (mount, focuser, camera to computer, autoguider) and three DC power (focuser, camera, mount). I ran wires behind the wall for everything so I only need 6'-8' cables to connect to the wall plate I mounted in the step you see in the photo. I'm using velco strips to try to keep everything organized and the wires are all color coded. What you see in the photo is definitely NOT the finished result.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics