• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Michal1

Michal1

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Czech Republic, Central Europe

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:31 PM

Here is my photo of the Soul Nebula. As you can see, I can't imege with the telescope very well so far. That's why I use my telescope for photographing only when the sky condition is not good enough for visual observing. This image was taken when the sky was covered by high clouds. As you can see, I will have to improve my collimation skills.
Posted Image
The image was taken with my Meade Schmidt-Newtonian, 8", f/4 and my Praktica camera. Exposure time 30min, film Kodak E200 in 35mm format, Push 1.

#2 Mkofski

Mkofski

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Greenfield, Indiana, USA

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:53 PM

Michal,

Looks pretty good to me. You have a lot of beautiful pics on your web site.

Mike

#3 Nebhunter

Nebhunter

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Frostbite Falls

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:10 AM

A work in progress Michal. It does take a lot of time to get all the wrinkles out. But when it comes together - expect some wonderful results from you.

Igor

#4 Love Cowboy

Love Cowboy

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Houston, TX USA

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

Forgive my ignorance, but I have never heard the name "Soul Nebula".. what is the catalog number?

#5 Michal1

Michal1

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Czech Republic, Central Europe

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:13 PM

Thank you all! I have a lot of more images from the last year, but too little time to process them.

Soul Nebula is a complex of several object having catalog numbers. Look Wikipedia for more details. It is located very close to famous Double Cluster in Perseus. It forms a pair with Heart Nebula. I have seen this nebula visually only a few times with my telescope during exceptional observing conditions.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics