Photo

C-Mount for a PVS-7/B

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 De Lorme

De Lorme

Viking 1

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:45 PM

Hi Everybody, Anybody know where to buy a C-Mount adaptor for a PVS-7/B google? Thanks for the help. De Lorme

#2 cnoct

cnoct

Vostok 1

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:30 PM

If you have money to burn and need one ASAP, give the folks at B.E. Meyers a call.

Alternatively you could start contacting some other dealers or put out a WTB on some of the NV forums.

To get started with dealers, try Tom Lyons of Outer Edge Optics or Chris Adams of Adams Industries. If neither has them, ask to be referred to other dealers that might.

#3 jdbastro

jdbastro

Messenger

• Loc: W. Coast

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:17 AM

The B E Meyers adapter is very well made. Built like a tank.

It looks like this:

Attached Files

#4 De Lorme

De Lorme

Viking 1

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:46 AM

Thanks jdbastro and Cnoct for coming to my rescue. I called
B.E Meyers{which I' got from your previous review JDbastro about the difference between the B/D and A/C googles}and they said they don't sell the adaptor anymore. I will call again tomorrow to make sure. This is really great! I'm going to Mod Amory tomorrow to take a serious look at their PVS-7/B; Really excited! Will buy them on Friday. Do the PVS-7/b take 2" filters or 1.25"? As always thanks for the help! The pictures you guys put up are what's going to turn the tide from eyepieces to IIE's. It's just a matter of time. People will eventually look for a solution in a light polluted sky. The other night I was looking at M13{AGAIN}
with the 8079HP and then with my ES 24mm and the difference is like night and day. I expect it will be same difference
between the PVS-7/B and the 8079HP. I'm so glad I found this forum and made the 8079HP. Thanks again for the help.
CloudyNights is just great! I tell people all the time to check it out. In fact I gave the notary the web site after
we signed the papers to refinance the house. De Lorme

#5 jdbastro

jdbastro

Messenger

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:08 AM

Thanks jdbastro and Cnoct for coming to my rescue. I called
B.E Meyers{which I' got from your previous review JDbastro about the difference between the B/D and A/C googles}and they said they don't sell the adaptor anymore. I will call again tomorrow to make sure. This is really great! I'm going to Mod Amory tomorrow to take a serious look at their PVS-7/B; Really excited! Will buy them on Friday. Do the PVS-7/b take 2" filters or 1.25"? As always thanks for the help! The pictures you guys put up are what's going to turn the tide from eyepieces to IIE's. It's just a matter of time. People will eventually look for a solution in a light polluted sky. The other night I was looking at M13{AGAIN}
with the 8079HP and then with my ES 24mm and the difference is like night and day. I expect it will be same difference
between the PVS-7/B and the 8079HP. I'm so glad I found this forum and made the 8079HP. Thanks again for the help.
CloudyNights is just great! I tell people all the time to check it out. In fact I gave the notary the web site after
we signed the papers to refinance the house. De Lorme

My pleasure to help. Surprised that B E Meyers may no longer produce this adapter. I bought one back in Nov-2013, fairly recently.

You might want to ask for Clint Meyers. He is definitely familiar with this part.

The B E Meyers Part # is: D500
Description is: "ADAPT, C-MOUNT FOR PVS-7 NVG"

For filters, if you are plugging the unit into a telescope, it depends on which nosepiece that you prefer to add to the c-mount adapter. If you go 1.25 inch c-mount nosepiece, then use 1.25 inch filters. For a 2 inch c-mount nosepiece, then you would use 2 inch filters.

Good luck. PVS-7's make the best DSO binoviewers ever!

#6 De Lorme

De Lorme

Viking 1

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:34 AM

Very Much Thanks JDbastro! I will call before I go to Mod Armory. This is going to be such great fun! I feel a "This is just great" coming on LOL. This is as much fun as watching my sons play football. Now that was a great!
De Lorme

#7 De Lorme

De Lorme

Viking 1

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:19 PM

Cnoct & JDbastro, Went and looked at the PVS-7/B today at Mod Armory. It has a couple of white blemishes at the 12 o'clock position. Both being above the middle with the larger one closest to the middle. I think it will be ok.
When looking at the PVS-7/B I'm absolutely sure it already
has the c-mount adaptor on it. JDBastro I sent Hunter{Mod Armory}the link to your review{B/d verses A/C; many thanks for the review}so he could see for himself.
Does it matter which 1.25" nosepiece I should buy for the
c-mount? Thanks Vondragonnoggin, JDbastro, and Cnoct for helping me. You made it so much easier.
Hunter has an adaptor to connect to the PVS-7/B for taking pictures using an IPhone. This is just unbelievable! LOL.
Thanks again and clear skies! De Lorme

#8 jdbastro

jdbastro

Messenger

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:47 AM

Cnoct & JDbastro, Went and looked at the PVS-7/B today at Mod Armory. It has a couple of white blemishes at the 12 o'clock position. Both being above the middle with the larger one closest to the middle. I think it will be ok.
When looking at the PVS-7/B I'm absolutely sure it already
has the c-mount adaptor on it. JDBastro I sent Hunter{Mod Armory}the link to your review{B/d verses A/C; many thanks for the review}so he could see for himself.
Does it matter which 1.25" nosepiece I should buy for the
c-mount? Thanks Vondragonnoggin, JDbastro, and Cnoct for helping me. You made it so much easier.
Hunter has an adaptor to connect to the PVS-7/B for taking pictures using an IPhone. This is just unbelievable! LOL.
Thanks again and clear skies! De Lorme

If you're planning to use the PVS-7 in a telescope, you should be concerned about the intensifier's performance specs. Do you know what they are for the image tube included with this PVS-7? My recommendations for performance specs are:

SNR >=27
EBI <= 0.9
Photocathode Response (PR)>= 2150
Resolution >= 64 lp/mm

For a c-mount 1.25 inch nosepiece, you might want to try Agena Astro for a Blue Fireball nosepiece, or check out Ebay.

Good luck.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics