IEQ 45 with 8406

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 germana1

germana1

Viking 1

• Loc: New Jersey

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:49 PM

I have ss pro when i8 use the app the buttons on the side don't respond with IPAD the buttons control RA and DEC. Anyone have a clue what Im doing wrong?
Pete

#2 Astronewb

Astronewb

Apollo

• Loc: Connecticut

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:00 PM

Does Sky Safari Pro actually connect to the mount?

Did you download and install the latest iOptron Ascom drivers for the 8406 Hand Controller?

Have you downloaded Ascom Platform 6.1?

Are you controlling the mount wired or wirelessly?

More info would be helpful to help you with your problem. There is also a Sky Safari Group in Yahoo Groups called Southern Stars and it's monitored by the developers who can assist you with any issues.

Good luck...Paul

#3 germana1

germana1

Viking 1

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:17 PM

Thanks Paul it did connect and could slew the mount but it seemed to be a few degrees off and the little shaded buttons for slew commands did not work, I need to see what firmware it has as it hasen"t been upgraded since I got it last November and it has the 8406 HB, I also joined the Yahoo group but there are so many messages its hard to find what info I need. Last night was the first time hooking it up and was late so dident mess with it to long. Just checked the firmware is 1.10
Thanks again Pete

#4 germana1

germana1

Viking 1

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:36 PM

We'll I downloaded the Ioptron downloaded v2 tried to update to version 1.12 and keeps waiting for connection it won't upgrade the bin file shows in the data box i8406.iop with the supplied USB cable to bottom of HB but so far no go,HELP
Pete

#5 johnpd

johnpd

Messenger

• -----

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:49 AM

Pete,

There were issues with the directional keys in SkySafari and the iEQ45 with the 8406 hand controller. I have not played with it in a while and I believe I have the older firmware version so I don't know if the v1.12 corrected it. There used to be a FAQ instructing you what to do if the firmware update fails. I don't see it there anymore. Contact iOptron support.

JohnD

#6 germana1

germana1

Viking 1

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:34 PM

We'll after reading the user manual was able to upgrade MC and HC firmware, just a little different than Celestron. At any rate it's done.
Pete

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics