Takitis!

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#201 Bill Barlow

Bill Barlow

Vanguard

• Loc: Overland Park KS

Posted 06 December 2014 - 07:38 PM

Is the TSA 102 (being a triplet lens design) much heavier than the FS-102 doublet?

Bill

#202 tomcody

tomcody

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Titusville, Florida

Posted 06 December 2014 - 07:54 PM

Is the TSA 102 (being a triplet lens design) much heavier than the FS-102 doublet?

Bill

Focuser is the same, main tube is the same as an FS102 NSV, the objective is a about 1 - 1.5 LB heavier.

Its a very fine scope, for planetary, has better color on planet details than an FS but slightly less contrast on nebula like M42. Thats what I found doing side by side shoot outs with both of them. YMMV

Rex

#203 AussieScopey

AussieScopey

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:08 PM

Hi Guys

How's this, a good friend of mine came to me for advice on purchasing a good telescope. I said how much money have you got to spare, he said money was not an issue up to a point. I recommended  a TOA 130. He used it for a while, came back to me and said it hurts my neck when I use it near the zenith and could I make an adjustable pier. I said I have just the answer, a Linak adjustable up and down tower.I constructed the unit and it worked a treat,he was happy. Then one day he came to me and said I am buying a caravan and heading around Australia and the TOA is to heavy with all the gear needed to support it to take with me so could I look after it for him.He said I can use it as much as I like. Well once I had a good look through this magnificent instrument I court Takitis  :confused: .I was a bit nervy about using this as it was not mine,so I went and bought a TSA 102S, and now I have Takitis real bad. :lol: . He rang me one day and asked me if I was using the scope, I said every now and then, he said you might as well make good use of it because I don't no when I will be back if ever.He said if I am in the area I will ring you and come and have a look. How lucky am I to have such a good friend.  Takitis ! There is no going back  :waytogo:

AssieScopey

Edited by AussieScopey, 11 December 2014 - 11:10 PM.

#204 Scott in NC

Scott in NC

80mm Refractor Fanatic

• Administrators
  • Loc: NC

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:15 PM

Wow!  How does one get friends like that?  You must be a very good friend indeed!  :whee:

#205 samovu

samovu

Ranger 4

• Loc: So CA

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:51 AM

Wow is correct! Wow! 

Enjoy AussieScopey! What a great friend you have and maybe you can do something nice for him too. I hope he's having a great time.

Cheers,

John

#206 AussieScopey

AussieScopey

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:03 PM

Hi Guys

AussieScopey here, I have helped my friend quite a lot in the past, and for that matter I like to help all my friends with engineering problems,( I have a good workshop ). I make all the parts that the astro boys need down here in Geelong Victoria for a modest price. Karma has been good to me. :flowerred:  

#207 TheFacelessMen

TheFacelessMen

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:02 PM

This is the Cure for Extreme Cases of Takitis !! :-)

Attached File  FET300-EM3700_400.jpg   28.09KB   5 downloads

http://www.takahashi.../en/FET-300.php

#208 Scott in NC

Scott in NC

80mm Refractor Fanatic

• Administrators

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:10 PM

Yeah, the FET-300 sure looks nice.  :ubetcha: But if I had that kind of money, I'd feel extremely guilty spending it on a "toy," no matter how nice a toy it was.  And if I did spend that amount of money on a scope, I'm pretty sure that my wife would see that my Takitis was cured once and for all! :lol:

#209 Scott in NC

Scott in NC

80mm Refractor Fanatic

• Administrators

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:55 PM

Okay, I know this isn't a refractor, but the "Takitis" thread still seemed like the most appropriate place to put this, since this is where all the Tak aficionados hang out.  Have any of you ever seen one of these before?

Takahashi Teegul-100 - link 1

Takahashi Teegul-100 - link 2

#210 Fomalhaut

Fomalhaut

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Switzerland

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:28 PM

Okay, I know this isn't a refractor, but the "Takitis" thread still seemed like the most appropriate place to put this, since this is where all the Tak aficionados hang out.  Have any of you ever seen one of these before?

Takahashi Teegul-100 - link 1
Takahashi Teegul-100 - link 2

Scott,

It is a Dilworth Cassegrain. Tak also offered a big 300/2280 f/7.6 Dilworth in the early 90ies.
Thanks to their corrector system after (!) the focal plane these were able to combine quite short focal ratio and quite a small secondary with directly being suited to providing an upright image.
At least in Europe, they offered the bigger Dilworth also under the Name "Mewlon", parallel to the first DK-Mewlons, but then stopped it and went on with the DK-Mewlon-design only (for some technical difficulties with the Dilworth-system they seemed to have had...)
The small Dilworth under the Name Teegull which you posted a link to above was meant for terrestrial mainly,

Chris

Edited by Fomalhaut, 13 December 2014 - 06:33 PM.

• edif300 likes this

#211 Scott in NC

Scott in NC

80mm Refractor Fanatic

• Administrators

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:32 PM

Thanks, Chris.  I'll have to do some reading about the Dilworth Cassegrain, as I had never heard about this particular variant before.

Sorry everyone for the off-topic (i.e., non-refractor) post, but I figured someone here was likely to know something about this model scope. :grin:

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics