OPT 2014 SCAE and Imaging Symposium

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jim Lafferty

Jim Lafferty

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Southern California

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:05 PM

Surprised I hadn't seen this event mentioned here yet. This past weekend OPT had their 10th annual SCAE event in Oceanside, Ca and gave away abt $35,000 of some pretty awesome equipment during their annual raffle which this year was for the benefit of Astronomers Without Borders. While OPT has been doing this event for 10 years, they kicked off their first ever Imaging Symposium on the day following the SCAE. It was a full day of presentations from folks like Tony Hallas, Ken Crawford, Chris Go, and Warren Keller. The really unique thing was that it was free to attend. It was fully supported by OPT and the vendors which gave presentations throughout the day and in between the imaging talks. OPT CLOSED DOWN their store to the general public and left it open for just the attendees. A nice lunch was served as well. Im not sure how they did it, but it was a great event. Im hoping they can do the same next year! The Southern California area needs more of this kind of thing!

Jim
  • m1618 likes this

#2 joe4702

joe4702

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Poway, CA

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:13 PM

Yep, fun event. First time I've ever looked through an H-Alpha solar scope. Very cool. I want one now. :)

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics