• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 David Pavlich

David Pavlich

Transmographied

• Administrators
  • Loc: Mandeville, LA USA

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:30 PM

Please welcome John (Mr Greybush) as our new moderator!

David

#2 Dwight J

Dwight J

Apollo

• Loc: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:47 AM

Welcome to the forum John. I trust you have experience or at least an interest in astrovideo or "electronically assisted astronomy". As your profile only describes you as an astronomy "nut" could you enlighten us further with your specific interests and experience that brings you to this forum.

#3 dr.who

dr.who

Surveyor 1

• Moderators

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:58 PM

Welcome aboard John!

#4 Mr Greybush

Mr Greybush

Viking 1

• Loc: Virginia

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:03 AM

Sorry folks been a bit busy with real life events that are all things wonderful. Anyway, a short intro, I started out with astronomy as a young boy growing up on a dairy farm with plenty of nights under the stars. Now grown up and children having kids of their own I started my path down the road in imaging starting with an SLR and my trusty C8 a couple of years ago. Then having an interest in video for outreach I bought a MCH from an owner in Canada. I spent a few months getting to know the camera and up until recently I am all but shut down for the summer because here in Virginia the humidity is all but killer for our equipment. I have a good understanding about video outside of the world of astronomy spending most of my time with older video cameras and such as it is a 2nd hobby. They are very much different in a lot of respects but some of the basics still cross over. Feel free to ask for help I'm usually around all day until I fall asleep and at 40 with a kidney transplant well that happens around 1 am. Thanks again for this opportunity and a thank you to all who have posted a welcome

#5 Starman27

Starman27

Skylab

• Moderators
  • Loc: Illinois, Iowa

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:25 AM

Welcome. I think you will enjoy it here.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics