•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

An Unabashed Plug: Battery Bob

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rusty

Rusty

ISS

• topic starter
  • Loc: Brooker, FL

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

Living in rural Florida, power interruptions are routine, so I have UPSs (total of 7) on my satellite receiver, some lamps, TVs, cordless phone base station, PCs, the DSL modem and wi-fi router, and the AVR. (I also have many cordless devices for which I've bought NiCad and LiMh from him).

Needless to say, I sometimes need to replace the sealed lead-acid batteries in the UPSs. After dealing with local stores and some online retailers, I discovered Battery Bob in Miami. I've dealt with him several years, and I like him for several reasons:

- Open 7 days a week
- Thorough info and search features (but one still has to check terminal location and dimensions)
- Mostly name brands, like Toyo, Panasonic, etc. I've been disappointed with store brands.
- All batteries are tested and charged before being sold
- Competitive prices on all lines; sealed lead-acids are only one of dozens of lines he carries
- Prompt shipping (usually USPS Priority Flat Rate - but more choices)

#2 seryddwr

seryddwr

Innocent Bystander

• Loc: La-la land.

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:37 PM

Thanks for the plug, Rusty. I just bookmarked the website.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics