Living in rural Florida, power interruptions are routine, so I have UPSs (total of 7) on my satellite receiver, some lamps, TVs, cordless phone base station, PCs, the DSL modem and wi-fi router, and the AVR. (I also have many cordless devices for which I've bought NiCad and LiMh from him).
Needless to say, I sometimes need to replace the sealed lead-acid batteries in the UPSs. After dealing with local stores and some online retailers, I discovered Battery Bob in Miami. I've dealt with him several years, and I like him for several reasons:
- Open 7 days a week
- Thorough info and search features (but one still has to check terminal location and dimensions)
- Mostly name brands, like Toyo, Panasonic, etc. I've been disappointed with store brands.
- All batteries are tested and charged before being sold
- Competitive prices on all lines; sealed lead-acids are only one of dozens of lines he carries
- Prompt shipping (usually USPS Priority Flat Rate - but more choices)
An Unabashed Plug: Battery Bob
1 reply to this topic