•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

2120 in need of TLC

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FlyBD5

FlyBD5

Messenger

• topic starter
  • Loc: Friedrichshain, Berlin, Germany

Posted 04 August 2014 - 10:11 AM

Hi folks,

I have a Meade 2120 with multicoated optics group that has a sloppy focuser when trying to make fine focusing, and may need some additional work in alignment. Meade doesn't care to do business with anyone who owns their older products. I tried Company 7 but they now refuse to work on anything they did not sell (and then again only the original owner), pretty much guaranteeing I will not become a customer. 

Anyone know who can work on these?

Juan

#2 FlyBD5

FlyBD5

Messenger

• topic starter

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:11 AM

Nevermind, fixed it myself.

http://www.cloudynig...ssive-friction/

#3 DocFinance

DocFinance

Apollo

• Loc: Clear Lake, Texas

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:58 PM

Thanks for bringing this up.  I've got to tear into mine at some point.  It doesn't bind, but it's not the smoothest anymore either.

#4 FlyBD5

FlyBD5

Messenger

• topic starter

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:09 AM

Thanks for bringing this up.  I've got to tear into mine at some point.  It doesn't bind, but it's not the smoothest anymore either.

You're welcome. Good luck. :) It really is very, very easy to adjust the focuser. Takes about 10 minutes...

Edited by FlyBD5, 26 August 2014 - 10:09 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics