Photo

Dark Library software?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Morris

Michael Morris

• Loc: Worcestershire, UK

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:22 PM

I want to start putting together a library of darks for my astro-modified Canon 1100D DSLR .  I use DSS for alignment and stacking and I'd like to be able to have it auto-select darks from the darks library. I remember that a while ago there was a piece of software called 'Dark library' that did this, However, a long search of Google has pulled up nothing but dead hyperlinks.  Has anyone got a working link to where it is housed?

Thanks

P.S. In my search I also come across two other bits of software that look similar Darkmaster   http://sourceforge.n...rkmaster/files/ and TPRDSS http://laus-hiel.de/...nomy/tprdss.htm

#2 Poochpa

Poochpa

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Buffalo Burbs, NY

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:15 PM

Darkmaster. Download site is softpedia. 

Mike

#3 ldesign1

ldesign1

Viking 1

• Loc: Northern Illinois

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:05 AM

DarkMaster v1.11

http://sourceforge.n...rkmaster/files/

#4 MHamburg

MHamburg

Apollo

• Loc: Brooklyn, NY/Berkshires, MA

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:57 PM

Anyone have experience using this program?

Michael

#5 ldesign1

ldesign1

Viking 1

• Loc: Northern Illinois

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:35 AM

I haven't imaged anything in 2 years but I was using DarkMaster all the time to group my light frames and matching calibration frames from my library. It works great. You can configure the temperature tolerance to match your darks to your lights.

#6 cherokawa

cherokawa

Mariner 2

• Loc: Torrance, CA

Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:26 PM

I use Darkmaster with my Canon 1000D - very useful piece of software. It fits very well with DSS workflow. Give it a shot, I'm sure you'll like it. 

I wish I could use it with my Nikon D5100, but the Nikon does not have a temperature sensor on its imaging chip, so no temperature data is recorded in EXIF, making automated dark matching not possible. 

#7 MHamburg

MHamburg

Apollo

• Loc: Brooklyn, NY/Berkshires, MA

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:27 PM

I use Darkmaster with my Canon 1000D - very useful piece of software. It fits very well with DSS workflow. Give it a shot, I'm sure you'll like it. 

I wish I could use it with my Nikon D5100, but the Nikon does not have a temperature sensor on its imaging chip, so no temperature data is recorded in EXIF, making automated dark matching not possible. 

Same for my Canon 40D.

Michael

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics