Photo

Dc Auto iris to Video auto iris converter?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Michael Morris

Michael Morris

• Loc: Worcestershire, UK

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:38 AM

I recently managed to get hold of a couple of nice f0.8 DC auto-iris lenses.  Ideally, I'd like to able to use them with my Watec 902H, but the 902H isn't compatible with DC auto iris lens, just video auto iris.  The obvious answer is a DC auto-iris to video iris converter. 
The trouble is the only converters I've found (Avalonix SVLC12VT and Pelco LDC100) are both discontinued.  The few places I have so far found that appear to have stock are in the US and don't ship th the UK
Has anyone know where I can get one?

Thanks

#2 ccs_hello

ccs_hello

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:24 PM

Michael,

I hope you can find a commercial solution.

If not, I'd recommend just get a modern videocam such as Samsung SCB2000 or Lntech LN300.  They are capable supporting DC-IRIS, work fairly good, and may end up save money.

If you definitely want to get a converter at all cost, then a DIY solution can be:

See page 4 schematic: http://www.produktin...haufloesend.pdf

DRV- ties to Ground, DRV+ drives the main IRIS solenoid.

DMP+ and DMP- (Dampen or "brake") are used to provide feedback.

CCD_Level is this circuit's signal input from raw sensor output (after CDS stage).  You can in lieu use composite video (preferably strip SYNC signals.)

An alternative and simple solution is to just apply 4V DC on DRV+ and DRV- to keep the lens' mechanical iris wide open and non-adjustable. Then only use videocam's auto-exposure (e-shutter) for exposure control.

Clear Skies!

ccs_hello

Edited by ccs_hello, 08 August 2014 - 10:28 PM.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics