CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

AC to DC... Eliminating Wall Wart?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 tigerroach

tigerroach

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Houston, TX USA

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

Excellent, thanks BP!

#27 cbwerner

cbwerner

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Moderators
  • Loc: Maidens, VA

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:38 PM

I think you'll be loving it for a long time Barry. Also, I think there's a crimping tool attachment that will allow it to do a bunch of standard crimps as well, though like you, I wasn't bothered by the crimper expense, partly because it works so well.

#28 BarryBrown

BarryBrown

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Sacramento

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:27 PM

Now the question is: what should I mount the RigRunner to? My 36 Ah SLA battery currently resides in a canvas tool bag ($5 from Harbor Freight), making it quite easy to pick up. If the battery was in a hard case, I could mount the RigRunner to the outside. West Mountain Radio sells such a thing.

Ideally, I'd like to make a variety of voltages available, so I need a place to mount some extra PowerPoles in different colors. Maybe a plastic project box big enough to mount the RigRunner plus the extra PPs, with the buck/boost regulators inside?

Need to start a "Take a picture of your PowerPole setup" thread.

Edited by BarryBrown, 30 August 2014 - 03:30 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics