Photo

When will he ever learn?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 areyoukiddingme

areyoukiddingme

Viking 1

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:24 PM

Ah, people. Invited some along to my dark site the other night. Two showed up late with flashlights and were more interested in yaking and drinking beer. The other (a pro for god's sake) showed up with her camera and set up right next to me with live view on. Whatareyougoingtodo!

#27 cpper

cpper

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Romania

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:09 PM

he said the party was boring anyway. I know my dad likes astronomy because every night he comes out and stargazes with me. My mom and brother aren't quite into it...yet  :hmm:

At least you have your father with you. Here, when observing, my cat spends more time with me than everyone else.

#28 clmurphy74

clmurphy74

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Oklahoma City, OK

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:34 PM

I know my dad likes astronomy because every night he comes out and stargazes with me. My mom and brother aren't quite into it...yet  :hmm:

For me, it's just I me and myself observing :grin:  That is one of the reasons I joined the local astronomy club.  Not the main one, just a minor one.

#29 JoeR

JoeR

Apollo

• Loc: Columbus, OH

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:49 PM

I recall a winter star party in a park when some hikers showed up and wanted a look. It was a really great night and I had M42 fully visible even the great void at the botton. One hiker takes and quick look and was like "meh, nice." While I'm thinking "It's the most amazing view ever!"

#30 cpper

cpper

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Romania

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:16 PM

I know my dad likes astronomy because every night he comes out and stargazes with me. My mom and brother aren't quite into it...yet  :hmm:

For me, it's just I me and myself observing :grin:  That is one of the reasons I joined the local astronomy club.  Not the main one, just a minor one.

Main astronomy club, minor astronomy club. So you have more choices ? In my city there's just one club, and the last meeting was I think in February  :sad:

#31 clmurphy74

clmurphy74

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Oklahoma City, OK

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:27 PM

Main astronomy club, minor astronomy club. So you have more choices ? In my city there's just one club, and the last meeting was I think in February  :sad:

Oh...sorry should have stated that better!  OKCAC is about as much choice as I have.  I meant that having people who are also into observing the sky was a minor consideration for me.  Guess I'm lucky that OKCAC has meetings once a month, novice sessions quaterly and a scheduled club observing night at a dark sky site once monthly as well as several outreach events monthly. :blush:  Heres hoping things get better where you are! :flowerred:

• cpper likes this

#32 csrlice12

csrlice12

Voyager 1

• Loc: Denver, CO

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:46 PM

Recently, I have started attending meetings and shown up at a public viewing night scheduled by our local astro society........kinda like it

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics