2 replies to this topic

#1 Garvis

Garvis

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Clinton, NY

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:48 PM

Hello CN,

It has been awhile since last posting an image and figure to start out slow and work my way up in Astrophotography again.  Figure to initially start with imaging our closest neighbor the moon and what better way than the super moon that occurred last Saturaday (08/09/2014).  The image details are listed below and please comment/critique as I'm trying to refine my imaging techniques with the various cameras, with this capture the ZWO ASI120MC was utilized; thanks for looking!

Clear skies,

Garvis

Telescope:  Stellarvue SV80S Lomo Lens (Apo Triplet)

Mount:  Vixen SXD

Focal Length: 480mm

Camera: ZWO ASI120MC

Capture Software:  SharpCap v1.5

Total Frames Collected:  3500

Total Frames Utilized:  702

Due to the cameras chip sensor size (1/3" I believe) the entire moon could not be captured at once; a series of two avi's were collected, initial processing was done in Registax 6, merged and final adjustments preformed in Photoshop CS6.  I don't know if better resolution and clarity could be achieved as I was adjusting what I could of the ZWO settings and being a noob again.

Attached Files

Edited by Garvis, 14 August 2014 - 10:22 PM.

• phileefan likes this

#2 phileefan

phileefan

Explorer 1

• Loc: Williamsport, PA

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:57 PM

Garvis,

Nice contrast and sharpness! Very nice image.Thanks for sharing. Clear skies.  :cool:

#3 Garvis

Garvis

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Clinton, NY

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:38 AM

Thanks for the comment, easing back into the process again as I have been out of it for a while.

Regards,

Garvis

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics