Lodestar-Cx2 arrives!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nytecam

nytecam

Voyager 1

• Loc: London UK

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:25 AM

Here's my first grab indoors eg closeup of TV remote and colour buttons via 8mm fl lens unfiltered under very poor ambient light - I couldn't see it as clearly as the camera has recorded - must now await a clear night :waytogo:

Attached Files

#2 jimthompson

jimthompson

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Ottawa, Canada

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:25 PM

Hi Nytecam,

I am curious to see how the colour saturation compares between the -C and -Cx2 models.  I have read in other posts that the EXview HAD and now EXview HAD II sensors are indeed more sensitive but there is some loss in colour saturation.  I'm not sure if this is due to the increase in sensor sensitivity at the red and near infrared end of the spectrum or not.

Keep us posted.

cheers,

Jim T.

#3 nytecam

nytecam

Voyager 1

• Loc: London UK

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:58 AM

Hi Nytecam, I am curious to see how the colour saturation compares between the -C and -Cx2 models.  I have read in other posts that the EXview HAD and now EXview HAD II sensors are indeed more sensitive but there is some loss in colour saturation.  I'm not sure if this is due to the increase in sensor sensitivity at the red and near infrared end of the spectrum or not.  Keep us posted.  cheers,  Jim T.

Hi Jim - on camera's arrival did some tests indoors with and without IR block filter and the IR block noticeably reduced camera speed by maybe one or two stops and weakened the colour saturation but latter easily recovered in SX s/ware.  It's very unlikely that I'd use that filter on sky shots and accept a slight shift of colour fidelity.  I and very few others see colour in faint objects so perhaps colour fidelity is a non-issue. ;)

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics