•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

AT65EDQ and Micro Touch motor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 D_talley

D_talley

Vanguard

• topic starter
  • Loc: Albuquerque, New Mexico

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:24 PM

I have a AT65EDQ refractors and I want to mount a Micro Touch motor on the 10:1 side of the focuser.  I did this with my TEC 140 scope and it works fine. The only problem I am having is the shaft that the gear goes on is 4mm.  I need a larger shafted gear that will connect to the gear in the motor of the Micro Touch.  I wonder if anyone has tried this and where to look for the larger gear. I have an email into Starlight instruments and hope to hear from them as well. 

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Attached Files

#2 D_talley

D_talley

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:46 PM

I guess I will have to look at a radio control site to see if they have a choice of pinion gears.

#3 D_talley

D_talley

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:33 AM

Starlight Instruments was able to make the gear I needed to use the focus motor for this scope. :)  I now can automate the focus of this scope when taking wide field shots. 

Great support from the team at Starlight Instruments. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics